Sunday, January 13, 2019

Sunday Update - Week 2

Two weeks down, fifty to go.  Woohoo.  The possibilities are out there, people.

Okay, now that the rah-rah is over, let's get down to brass tacks.

I didn't write anything.  I did go back to working on editing an old project, but then I started to think about ROI and whether it would ever make me back what I was thinking of spending on it.  And I set it aside.  Then I started the process of thinking which other project might blow my skirt up.  The jury's still out.  I might continue on with old project or go back and finish something else.  Or start something new.

I set up a sale and marketing for next week for Sleeping Ugly.  That checks January off of my 'one ad a month' goal.

Some reading was accomplished.

My exercise bike arrived Wednesday.  We set it right up and got to work.  Needless to say, I haven't been on a bike of any kind since my time in the apartment complex gym back in Utah.  So, about 15 years.  In under two minutes, my muscles were squealing like the little pigs they've become.  I'm working my way up in duration and quantity.  One 2-minute session a day, then two 3-minute sessions, etc.  I might stand at two 5-minute sessions a day or every other day.  We'll see.  Hubs can go longer, but he's in better shape than I am.  If you're interested, the one we got was the Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse.  Reasonably priced. Super easy to assemble, super easy to use.  Big seat.  Totally low impact. but man, can it get your heart pumping and your muscles working.

I also got glasses this past week.  I can see!  I can see!  After all the kvetching and angst about going to an eye doctor, I hit the eyeglass rack at Wallyworld and found out I can see to read at a 1.25x magnification.  They were only $5.88, so I picked up two pair - one for my desk and one for the living room.  My old glasses are now in my purse for when I'm out in the world - writing checks, reading the labels on items, etc.  And no eye exams or visit to dorkbutt optometrists needed.  (My former optometrist was a dorkbutt.)  Of course, I'm farsighted with no other issues, so your mileage may vary.

And we have new shower curtains.  Pretty exciting stuff, eh?  Hubs took the old ones out to the garage to use as drop clothes.  We reuse pretty much everything we can.

As if we don't have enough baked goods in the house, I made a batch of cookies.  I took my mother's old Oatmeal Cookie recipe (at least I think it was hers - it's in the book where I wrote a bunch of recipes before I moved away from home) and added the Nestles maple chips I picked up on sale.  They're pretty awesomesauce.  And since oats and raisins are good for you, it's a win-win.

I also did a pork roast in the new crock pot.  I love this new crock pot.  If you're in the market, I'd definitely recommend this one.  Everything I've cooked in it so far has turned out super yummy.  So much better than the old Crockpot brand.

I did a bunch of woods work earlier in the week, sawing and lugging and throwing and pulling and snipping and raking.  Then Friday and Saturday it rained, so it kind of stopped the progress there.

Speaking of rain, hooee, that was a lot of water.  Thank goodness it wasn't snow or we'd be buried.

Oh, and I cut my hair yesterday.  It turned out super-cute.  No pics, though.  Just imagine me with super cute hair. LOL

And that's it for my week.  How did things go for you?

3 comments:

  1. It's time to cut my hair again. I wish I was lucky enough to just need glasses to read. I need them to see far/mid/short distances. I have an astigmatism. I have the middlings of a cataract. My eyes are old and strained and not getting any better but my kind of glasses are more like $588 than $5.88. :/ Ah well. I'll hit the lottery one of these days.

    I got an ad for BLOOD MOON for Jan. 21st. I'll let you know know how it works out so you can add the advertiser into your list. It's only costing me $14 so I should get some sort of ROI, even though the book will be free. It coincises with the super wolf blood moon thing. Still, I'm pretty proud of myself that I managed to take the plunge.

    I also managed to upload a book trailer video to Youtube. Now if people will watch and like it and go check out the Moonstruck books.

    We had nice weather. We had rain. Now we have drizzly cold. Oh, and we had snow, but I think that was the week before. I can't remember.

    Only new words are flash fiction but I'm finally getting off my arse and revising the two former Kindle World books that I didn't republish with the authors.

    My life has been so boring lately, that's about the sum total of it. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I wish there was a simple fix for your eyes. :hugs:

      YAY! Go you! Definitely let me know how your ad works for you. I've got a more in-depth marketing post set up for tomorrow at OTB. Every little bit of data helps. Fingers crossed for loads of sales for you.

      Yay for the book trailer, too! Everyone needs to check out the Moonstruck books. They're awesome.

      LOL, it's been kind of a wild weather tour down there lately, hasn't it?

      Good for you. The new words will come. For both of us. :hugs:

      Delete
  2. Yay for the exercise bike! You'll be up to 15 minutes before you know it. :-)

    Hooray for new glasses! Being able to see is absolutely critical. And yay for super-cute hair! (I need a trim, too.)

    Hugs on project woes. I hope the right idea strikes you where it counts, and soon!

    Still plugging away on the dressmaking book. I'll get it done eventually. :-)

    ReplyDelete