Saturday, December 15, 2018

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 12/15/18

Well, folks, it was a dry week for reading.  I've been too busy trying to get Unequal ready for publication to sit down with a book.  And when I'm not doing that, I don't want to look at other people's words.

No new books were bought or downloaded.

And here's the one book I finished last week...

90) The Stone Bull by Phyllis A. Whitney (12/9/18) - Romantic Suspense - 3 stars.  Neither new to me, nor underappreciated.  Picked this up at St. Vinny's for $1.
Review: "Not as good as I remembered it being. But I was a teenager then. Back then, this was one of my favorites. Now? Meh."
I know I don't typically finish 3 star books, but I couldn't remember how it ended, so I slogged through.  

No DNFs either.

----------------
As soon as I get Unequal out into the world, I'll get back to reading again.  I'm hoping for Monday, but it'll probably be Wednesday.  Then I'll have the rest of the year to read someone else's words for a change.

What did you read last week?  Anything good?

1 comment:

  1. I can't remember what I talked about last week so I'll just mumble through. I finished off my re-listen of Jayne Castle's Harmony scifi/paranormal romance series. Then I started a re-listen of Suzanne Wright's Mercury Pack paranormal romance series. I won an e-copy of the 4th book in the series from Goodreads and that triggered the ability to buy the Audible version for $1.99. Wright has two inter-locked series and I'd just done a full re-listen of both series in time-line/plot order earlier in the year but I wanted a refresher of the characters in the Mercury pack before I dive into the newest book, ECHOES OF FIRE. I haven't listed the first three on GR since I already read them once this year, and the new book puts me at 250, which is my updated challenge goal.

    ReplyDelete