Thursday, January 12, 2017

Thursday This n That

We're supposed to have an ice storm on Friday.  I saw the radar forecast this morning, wherein it's all pink between here and Walmart, and was all like 'dammit, I knew I should've gone shopping yesterday'.  Then I remembered that this is not, in fact, Friday.  Derp.  Yes, I am going shopping today.

I'm not a fan of parrots.  Today's bird on my Bird a Day Calendar is a parrot.  Sometimes in life we have to put up with parrots to get through to the better birds.

Someone posted Steven Wright quotes on Facebook this morning.  Now, I'm feeling very 'Steven Wright-ish'.  It's a state of mind.  If you haven't been there, head for perfectly normal and turn right.

On the other hand, there are different fingers.  - Steven Wright

I've been playing around with the genealogy again (i.e. avoiding work).  I started talking to Mom about it and she says "Hey, see if you can find out what happened to my Uncle George."  "Why?"  "Because he disappeared right around the time we got married."  Okee.  I'd never heard this story.  Apparently my Great Uncle George just up and disappeared like 50 years ago, leaving behind Great Aunt Eileen and their young son.  I didn't find him, but I did find out he died in 1976.  See, this is why I like doing the genealogy.  I get to hear stories from Mom, things I say spark her memories, and I get to treasure hunt.

Yes, finding out Uncle George lived an additional 20 years without his family ever knowing where he was does piss me off.  Thankfully, he was not a blood relative.  Don't get me started on deadbeat dads.

Apropos of nothing: I need a shower.

What's on your this n that today?


2 comments:

  1. This...Wright-isms would fit right in with the scene I'm writing: brothers giving each other sh!+ in front of the "new girl". Totally in love with the Tates. LOL

    That: Yeah, I need to make a WallyWorld run myself. We're only supposed to have two days of actual ice and freezing temps but if we lose power, that could take days. Need a few necessities.

    Sometimes in life we have to put up with parrots to get through to the better birds.

    Ahhahahhaha! I need that on a T-shirt!

    Apropos of your apropos, I need one too. Gotta finish this scene, then I'll grab one and head into the real world for errands. Then more words. Stay real, my friend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for being in love with your new characters!

      I hope you made your shopping journey and that Wallyworld wasn't a zoo for you. Fingers crossed that you don't get ice or lose power. (For me, too. Bleh.)

      LOL, parrot lovers would flay you if you wore that. They're a testy bunch.

      Here's hoping you got your shower. And your more words out.

      Stayin' real here. You, too, my friend!

      Delete