Remember the phrase in the title of this post? It's from Rocky and Bullwinkle. As in "Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat."
Today, I thought for a little fun I'd post some of my favorite phrases from TV and movies - some of which I use too often in my daily life, much to my husband's irritation (he's not a TV person) - and see how many you recognize.
- No soup for you!
- Wienies! Bring me wienies!
- I do not think that word means what you think it means.
- Morons! I'm surrounded by morons.
- Looks like you've got mousse and squirrel in there.
- Crap. (said with a Texas accent)
- Never say die, but very frequently say OUCH!
- You're a lean, mean fightin' machine.
- Ooo, wise guy, eh?
- Take off, ya hoser.
- One of these days... Bang. Zoom.
- Rut Roh
- When Polly's in trouble, I am not slow. It's hip-hip-hip and away I go.
- Fly and be FREE!
- It's a Cinderella story here at Augusta.
- Okay, Joan Wilder. Write us out of this one.
You know this reminds me of a short story I started a few years ago. It was all about this guy who could only talk in catch phrases, and how he lost the woman he loved because of it.
Oh, and just to add a little weirdness to the end of this post, the other day I was watching CNN or CNBC or some such thing, and this financial guy was talking about being the Master of Your Destiny, and then he referenced the episode on Seinfeld. But I'm sure he didn't know what the hell he was talking about because his comments couldn't have meant what that phrase means in reference to Seinfeld. (And if you don't know, I'm not telling. This isn't that kind of blog.)
* I'll give the shows those quotes came from at the end of tomorrow's post.
Post a Comment