Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Amusing Myself

Okay, so yesterday my big bold wonderful author/agent post turned out to be a huge time suck. If I'd bothered to research, I might've discovered for myself that querytracker already did the work. :shrug: Thanks for the heads-up, Brit. If nothing else, looking at all the client lists for numerous literary agencies amused me.

Of course, it also gave me increased respect for Trident Media Group. Yow, they represent a lot of authors I know and like. It also made me drool over the idea of nabbing Janklow & Nesbit, but I'm not delusional. I'm just mildly neurotic.

Anyway, I'm leaving the list up in the Important Stuff section over there on the right. I'll probably add to it as I go along, just because. Finding ways to amuse myself, ya know.

It's been a week for that. I won't go into the gory details. Lord knows, you've all read enough of those here already. Let's just say I'm forcing myself to re-examine my goals and priorities and leave it at that.

In other news, while we're drying out the basement, the three fans trained on the carpet are making my whole house STINK. Really. I've got an incredible funk going on in here. Time to light numerous scented candles and hope the conflicting scents don't render me comatose. Keep those fingers crossed.

There... I now have Orange Cream, Butter Cookie, Apples & Cinnamon, Fruit & Berries and something called Heavenly Home. If that doesn't kill the smell, I've still got Ocean Breeze and Blueberry Muffin. Ooo, and the basket of older candles. Don't make me whip out the Glade. (Seriously. That stuff is overpowering sometimes.)

All part of amusing myself. Right now, I've also got surfing squirrel outside to amuse me. He's on the ground, but once he's done with the seed there, I'm sure he'll jump off the house onto the feeder. Afterwards, he'll go over to this spooly-thing and lay down while he digests. It's a ritual.

Next up, a little light reading... then TV. Woohoo. Do I know how to live, or what? ;o)

1 comment:

  1. I think it might be time for you to go outside and get some fresh air. ;o)

    ReplyDelete