Thursday, June 20, 2024

Thursday This n That

You ever see one of those math problems on FB where it's like this picture plus this picture equals this amount and you get several lines of that with different pictures and then you have to figure out the ultimate answer using pictures?  I'm usually okay at those, but I saw one this morning on a whole 'nother level and it hurt my brain.

I heard from my MIL yesterday.  The bank contacted her about the check that was stolen out of Owl's mailbox at Christmas.  Sounds like they've caught someone and are moving forward with prosecution.  Yay.  I took all the information and sent it to Owl, in case she doesn't already have it, and I'll give it to my mom this morning.  I hope they throw the book and her/him/them.  Stealing little old ladies' Christmas checks... how low can you go?

I took a new pic of The Boyz...

You can really see Sawyer's markings in this one.  They both have such interesting markings.  And even though they're both tabbies, Sawyer's tabby is more brown-gray and Finn's is more gray-gray.  Totally brothers from another mother.

We've seen at least two fawns now.  Yay.

I actually got some words written last week, but the next day, my hand hurt so bad that I'm shying away from writing.  I need to suck it up.  My hands will get over it if I make them get over it.  So there.  I'll get some writing done today, you can guaran-damn-tee it.

I also walked the loop yesterday for the first time in over a year.  It took me 28 minutes instead of the usual 25.  I expected it to take longer because I really was taking it slower.  It felt good to do it, but I am paying for it a little this morning.  Gah, atrophy sucks.

Okay, that's probably enough out of me this morning.  Have an awesome day wherever you are and feel free to leave some of your this-n-thats behind before you go.  =o)


2 comments:

  1. Huh. I know the "math problems" you reference but I'm never seen them in my FB feed. Of course, I don't often look at my FB feed so there's that. 🤣

    The Boyz are so big! Loki and Pete look like kittens in comparison. Loki actually let me stroke his back a couple of times yesterday. It's only been FIVE years in coming! Pete, on the other hand, has decided to sleep on my left side, which is the side of the bed I get up on so I disturb him every time I have to get up in the night. 🙄

    Speaking of walking, I drove myself to vote in the primary on Tuesday and then Jake and I hit Starbucks. Driving is weird but so is walking. Practice. I need more, obviously. 😲

    I'm still trudging through the WIP so I can start adding to the last quarter(?). It's currently 103K words. BIG book and I'm not sure how many words it will take to tie up all the various plot threads and relationships. 🤯

    Not much else going on. It's hot but not the heat dome like in the east. Don't get me started on the environmentalists. Grrrr. 🤬

    I think I'll make a Starbucks run today. Jake will enjoy the ride and I have 550 stars I need to redeem before July 1. I lost that many or more while I was in deep recuperation. Also grrr. I "paid" for those stars and I should have gotten my "freebies." 🙄🤣

    TGIF tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm running a day late, as usual.

    The Boyz are so big! Yay for big kitty snuggles!

    Yay for any and all words! You may need to consider typing instead of handwriting for a while. You can type in red ink. ;-)

    ReplyDelete