Friday, June 28, 2024

Friday This n That

Yep, forgot to post yesterday.  Yep, forgot it was Thursday, too.  I'm all messed up in the timeline.  Derp.

In my defense, yesterday morning, I went outside to mow.  I was all prepared to get 'er done.  Mowed for like 20-30 minutes and was too pooped to continue.  I am a pathetic loser.  (And one, big, atrophied muscle.)

Night before last, I wrote 1122 words - which is the most I've done in one sitting since June of 2022.  Go, me.  Woo.  At least that muscle is recovering from its atrophy.

At my day-job, I typed a lot, but it was all short spurts - messages, emails, etc.  Every rare once in a while, I would type instructions - especially at the end there when I wanted to leave procedures for the next person who had to do my job.  I increased my typing speed by a lot, but only in short spurts.  Oh, and I can also take dictation of a sort.  They'd talk, I'd type while they were talking, and it ended up pretty much word for word.  (Sometimes, I'd edit what they were saying while I was typing because people don't always explain things in a linear fashion and they umm a lot.)

Accidental Death is now only 99c.  Have at it.

Project Hermes will be free starting July 4th for 5 days.  Have at that, too.

Just now, I was watching a doe and her itty-bitty fawn.  OMG, so tiny.  Nature is a beautiful thing, ya know.  And then you see her licking its butt and like... ew.

There's a photo being passed around on FB that supposedly shows a coyote with a deceased dog in its mouth.  Looks like a Jack Russell.  I guess the photo is some kind of warning about wildlife and your pets.  It doesn't look real to me.  Like where the coyote is holding the dog and the way the dog is hanging there, the physics are off.  Unless the dog was dead before the coyote picked it up and rigor mortis had already set in.  In which case, the coyote most likely found the dog carcass and is carrying it off, and didn't actually kill the dog.  I'm not exactly sure a coyote of that size could kill a Jack Russell of that size.  Jack Russells are pretty feisty.  Sure, it could happen, but I'm suspicious.  Anyway, look at everything you see online with a critical eye.

And yeah, be careful letting your pets out where wildlife can munch on them.  A gal who used to live here had her cat snatched right off her porch by a bobcat.  Or at least that's what she said.  I'm suspicious of that, too, because she wasn't always the most honest person.  It's believable, though.  We have bobcats and they wouldn't hesitate to much a house cat if they could.

And that's about enough out of me today.  Have you got any this n that to share today?


1 comment:

  1. It's too hot to mow. Yay on words! And books on sale! Nature can be cool and not. Mountain lions and bobcats are more likely to go after small dogs than coyotes. That's like people saying foxes go after cats and small dogs. Nope. But there's always exceptions. Here's an incident from Okieville: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtoyvufL-Fo Oh, and hawks! They'll go after small puppies and kittens.

    It is Friday, isn't it...

    I wrote almost 1K words yesterday, 250 for the flash challenge and then another 200 or so follow-on in that scene, which was a follow-on of a previous scene. Progress!

    I think I finally have the computer monitor and keyboard set up for a more optimal experience. Also, it makes me work on my straight-back posture. This is not a bad thing.

    I've hit 125 lbs. and sticking there for several days. My new doc doesn't want me gaining much more after 130. We'll see how many bones are still sticking out if and when I get to that point.

    It's hot. Ugly hot. The Kids lost power in Tuesday night's storm. They gave up and came here Wednesday evening. They spent the night in a donated hotel room but granddog Dozer stayed here. It was a fun sleepover... 🙄 Only and Stormy came here Thursday morning while Baseball Boy went to teach his summer history program. They got power back about 11 am and LG ran them home at noon. Their house was 90 inside. Ugh!

    Still hot. Still moving slowly. Plan to continue the same over the weekend. Boring life and that's okay. Stay cool, m'friend!

    ReplyDelete