Saturday, June 29, 2024

Saturday Reading Wrap-Up 6/29/24

Saturday Reading Wrap-up?  Well, if it wasn't broken before, why fix it now?  So here we go...

Not a lot of action on picking up new books this week, but I did get a new ebook - the first one this year :gasp: - so that's something.  I also discovered that one of the ebooks I bought last year never made it to my Kindle.  I'm working on fixing that because I still want to read it and I did pay money for it, dammit.

Books Read:

7) Perfect Pending by Lucia Ashta (6/25/24) - paranormal romance* - 4 stars - new to me but not underappreciated.  Picked up for free last year from a freebie list on Amazon.
Review: "Good story. A little too explicit here and there for me to be able to give it 5 stars, but your mileage may vary."

DNFs:

6/24/24 - free - paranormal romance - it just didn't blow my skirt up and that was obviously in the first few paragraphs.  Blerg. (This was sitting on my Kindle from July of last year, which makes me sad.)

6/24/24 - free - cozy mystery - it was the second book in a series when I never read the first, so I'm not sure if it really was this book's fault, but the allusion to all the different things that happened in the first - not a recap but hinting at it all - definitely turned me off.  Needless to say, I am not inclined to go looking for the first book so I can read this one.  (This was sitting on my Kindle from July of last year, too.)

Currently Reading...  A compendium of Hercule Poirot stories.  861 pages of it.  I've been reading this for well over a week now and I'm almost done.  I needed a break midweek, though, so I tried reading some other stuff, too.

What's on your reading wrap-up this week?

1 comment:

  1. I've managed 18 books of my hugely-revised-downward goal of 50 for this year. That puts me 6 behind schedule. I did get through several books this past week, the majority were rereads leading up to new releases in favorite series. The NEW books I've listened to recently (June) are:

    1. People in Glass Houses, Jayne Castle, Ghost Hunters/Harmony SyFy/Paranormal romance series.

    2. The Thief, Dannika Dark, Black Arrowhead paranormal romance series.

    3. Archangel's Lineage, Nalini Singh, Guildhunter/Archangel paranormal/alt. history series.

    Currently relistening to Payback in Death, JD Robb Eve Dallas/In Death series leading up to Random in Death, the newest release.

    Like writing, I had to get back in reading/listening shape. 😁 Onward and upward, m'dear!

    ReplyDelete