Friday, June 7, 2024

Home at Last

In an unexpected turn of events, my last day was yesterday instead of today.  I was pretty much done with everything, so it's totally understandable.  All in all, the two years of day-job was an interesting experience.  I learned lots, talked to a bunch of people, made some friends, exponentially increased my typing speed...  I'd say more but I'm under a confidentiality agreement.  Which is why I rarely talked about work for the last two years, and since work ate pretty much all of my waking hours, it meant I wasn't blogging.  

Anyway, that's done.  I'll miss my guys.  I'll miss my customers.  But I'm ready to close the chapter and move back into the book of my life.  

Needless to say, Hubs is happy I'm home.  It remains to be seen whether the kitties are happy.  Right now, it's like any other morning.  They'll be confused when I don't leave the house around 8. 

So, what'll I do today?  Anything I want.  Read.  Write.  Walk.  Play toys with the kitties. The possibilities are endless. But I'll probably grocery shopping so I don't have to do it tomorrow.   ;o)

What's on your agenda for the day?

1 comment:

  1. Yay for some much deserved "down" time. I'd uggest you go fishing but kitties and groceries and reading and writing are probably higher priority.

    I have no plans for this weekend. Last weekend was sirent and lunch. This weekend is nada. We're supposed to be in the 90s so I'll probably just hide out under the AC, moving between my desk and my bed. I really need to rebuild muscle and gain weight and energy so I can get out in the yard and tame the jungle before the city cites us. LOL That said, I'll probably try to work a little on the Boston Wolves and listen to a book. New Jayne Castle Harmony/Ghost Hunters book is out and I went back a couple to refresh my memory. I'm so far behind on my GR challenge. 🙄

    Okay, time for me to get up and walk. My bony arse has gone to sleep. Blerg. Enjoy your freedom!

    FYI, you'll have mail here in a bit.

    ReplyDelete