Friday, April 28, 2023

Thursday This n That

 Yeah, I know it's Friday, but I was busy yesterday.  It was take the kitties for their wellness vet visit.  They gave us something for Sawyer's sniffles and something else for Finn's intestinal issues, and something for both of them for general health, I guess.  They made it down and back with minimal meowing, no pooping and, most importantly, no puking.  The appointment was super quick and we were home before 10, which was good because I wasn't due in to work until 11.  

The stuff they gave Sawyer for his sniffles went down like a dream.  The stuff they gave Finn for his tummy was a fuckin' nightmare.  And he's my good baby.  I thought his head was gonna start spinning around he was freaking out so bad.  Thanks for that, doc.  And now he doesn't trust me.  Double thanks.  And the stress of the whole ordeal has made his poops worse.  Blerg.  Since the doc assured me it couldn't be parasites, I'm just going to hope he grows out of it.  And I'll probably try my sister's recommendation and start mixing cat food with the kitten food.  

It'll all work itself out.

Speaking of work, it's all starting to smooth itself out as well.

Not smoking at this desk is driving me nuts.  The force of habit is strong.

Speaking of smoking, I do it.  And I'm gonna keep doing it.  Why do people feel the need to make comments on it when they would think it rude to make comments on any other personal habit?  It's verboten to walk by someone eating and tell them that their hamburger is going to kill them.  It's tacky to keep reminding people who drink about what alcohol is doing to their liver.  Or that they could kill someone on their way home.  And you'll never hear someone telling someone else that they're perfume stinks.  But smokers are fair game?  Bah.  And feh.  I'm perfectly respectful about smoking.  I don't do it around people.  I police my butts.  Hell, if I'm smoking outside and someone who isn't smoking is nearby, I try to blow the smoke away from them.  Or I walk away.  

The deer are fat pregnant.  Soon, we'll have fawns.

And on that note, Hubs is up and I should probably go find something else to do for the few minutes I have before I have to get ready for work.  Have a great day, y'all.



2 comments:

  1. Poor kitter-cats and you! Hope they both feel better soon and that Finn forgives you soon. Glad they made the trip with relative ease though.

    Glad work is working out. No pun intended. Are they looking to hire a replacement for the one who left? And wow. That's a crazy work schedule but glad it gave you time to vet the kittens.

    Yay for deer and yeah peope are rude.

    Not much going on around here. We got rain. Loki and Pete are starting to play. Still not satisfied with the way my desk, monitor and keyboard are set up but it is more or less working. For now. Real Life keeps interferring with writing time. And occasionally the on-line jigsaw puzzle when my brain hurts. Most of the new words came from a scene for Ariel's book. Which is waaaay down the list for working on. Oh well. It's Friday. I really need to get serious about new words on CROSSFIRE.

    Only and Stormy are doing "runs" tomorrow morning and then there's a play-off soccer game. Only will want a nap. Stormy probably won't even notice that he ran a 5K and then a Mile Kids Run.

    Life is pretty boring around here. That's okay I guess. LOL Hang in there. Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Finn! I hope he gets over the meds trauma soon.

    I really think we ought to tell people that their perfume stinks. After all, they pay a lot of money for stuff that's *supposed* to make them smell good. I never have, though.

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete