Sunday, April 9, 2023

Sunday Update - Week Cat

 Well, we did it.  Yesterday, we got a cat.  Okay, we didn't get A cat... we got two - Finn and Sawyer.  

Both boys.  Both right around 14-15 weeks old.  Finn is the all tabby and Sawyer is the tabby-n-white. They're supposedly from different litters because they came in from different sources, but I wonder if they aren't brothers.  Finn was brought in as abandoned on 3/21 and Sawyer was owner surrender on 3/26, so they could conceivably be from the same litter.  :shrug:  They act like brothers and that's all that matters.

Last night was our first night with the boys.  Needless to say we didn't get a whole lot of sleep.  But we got more than I had expected.  The boys curled up between Hubs and I, and slept for most of the night.  The brief interludes where they weren't on the bed, they were chasing each other around the house like madmen.   They didn't wreck anything, so yay.

We are no longer smoking in the house, which makes mornings really hard.  I'm used to sitting here puffing away while I do my online things and drink my coffee.  But we made a commitment to not smoke around the kittens, so there ya go.  (Although, I smoked around Kira when she was a kitten and she lived for almost 18 years.)  We also promised the shelter that we weren't going to smoke in the house and a contract is a contract.

Work is work... now with 50% more busy.

Activity?   Does cat wrangling count?  And I haven't had a chance to weigh myself in a few days, but last weight recorded was like 159.8.

I forgot to do my reading wrap-up yesterday.  Cat brain, doncha know.  I finished two books last week and got back on track.  Whether I'll be able to read with two kittens in the house is anyone's guess.  

On the way from from work on Friday, I saw a coyote.  Yay.

Oh... Happy Easter.  I'd forgotten until just now when I remembered that I'm supposed to call Mom this morning.  Anyway, however you celebrate it, have an awesome day.  I'll be celebrating with my two Easter Kitties.

And that's about it for now.  I'll post more pics along the way.  What's up in your world?




3 comments:

  1. How cute are you with your kitten accessories? I'm glad you got both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww!!! Gatitos! They are too cute and way better than a chocolate bunny. Sorry work is yuck, hope you're feeling less gross, and ya know, you could just quit smoking. I did. Not that it was easy but when it came down to breathing or smoking, it wasn't a hard decision. Following through? Yeah, it was tough but I did it, even though LG still smokes.

    Not much new here. Slowly getting energy back from the Crud Bug From Hell. Weather is gorgeous. Makes me want to get out and do something but no energy. Ah well.

    Hope work smooths out! Hang in there. Later, tater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Finn and Sawyer! I love those names! They look so calm -- at the moment. I'm sure they rocket off the walls when the camera is pointed elsewhere. Yes, kitten wrangling counts as activity! I look forward to more pics.

    Very belated happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete