Sunday, April 23, 2023

Sunday Update - Week ?

 The weeks... they blur together like... things that blur.

Work is work.

The cats are in the middle of a wrestling match ranging all over the office.  Time out for litterbox.

This morning Hubs couldn't believe we've only had the cats for two weeks.  But yeah, it's only been two weeks.  Like I told a co-worker, it's like having toddlers with knives.  I think my two most used verbalizations are 'Be a good boy.' and NO.  They're going to the vet on Thursday for a wellness check.  I should probably trim their claws beforehand.  I mean, they're good kittens, but they are kittens.  

To say I'm distracted would be putting it mildly.  I have work, which takes all my concentration M-F (and some on the weekends because I can't make it stop) and I have the kittens who take all the rest of my brain power.  I thought briefly about writing, but that's about the extent of it.

I'm reading the same book I've been reading for two weeks now.  Every time I open the book and get settled, I have a cat on my lap... sometimes two.  

No baking.

No activity.  Weight 159.2

And they're back to wrestling again.

The birds are singing their brains out.  I love Spring.

The deer are all fat pregnant.  

And I think that's about it for the update.  Have a great week, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Gah! My screen froze half-way through my comment. Ugh! Okay, to start over...

    KITTIES!!! 'Nuff said.

    Yay for birds and deer. A flight of honkers flew over early this morning, headed north. As for spring? Yeah, not sure. It was 48 with a windchill of 25 at the soccer game yesterday morning. We had to turn the heat back on. Blerg.

    Slowly adjust to glasses. Attempting to find the "sweet spot" for my monitor. Lots of jerry-rigged bases to raise it just enough and get it within about 12", which is optimal for the bifocals without me having to expand the font size. Yay for touchscreens, though!

    Not much else going on. My Cowgirls and Cardinals are both in slumps. 😔 Stormy's team DID win their soccer game yesterday! (And did it against the team that has a couple of bullies on it so double yay!)

    Pete can't decide if he wants to be a house cat or a garage cat. Silly bugger. Nobody cares but him.

    I'm in a bit of a reading slump too. Probably a good thing you suspended the Saturday wrap-up. LOL

    Time for my 3rd cup of coffee. When I finish it, maybe I'll be ready to face the day. Hang in there! Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, my blog reader is back! I missed you.

    Unfortunately, my brain is still on strike. We're working on a compromise.

    I'm wishing you a great week and lots of kitten love!

    ReplyDelete