Sunday, April 16, 2023

Sunday Update - Week 15

The week is a blur, but I'll try to recreate some of it...

Work, Cats...

That's about it.

Seriously, though...  Work was busy, but good.  We're learning to roll with fewer office staff.  A lean, mean, fighting machine.  Hoo ya.

The cats are filled with boundless energy.  I wish I could harness some of that.  Alas, they aren't sharing it.  And their boundless energy makes me tired.  LOL

I totally forgot to do my Saturday Reading Wrap-up again.  I may just stop doing that.  I didn't finish any books last week.  Right now, I'm on a Victoria Holt.  

Don't even ask about activity.  I did nothing except for cat wrangling.  Last I checked, I was at 160-ish pounds.

I saw a bald eagle yesterday.  That was probably the last one I'll see for the season.  I know, I said that the last time I saw a baldy, but this time I'm probably right.

Last night, to try and regain some sleep, we put the cats in the office with their food and water (the litterbox and their toys are already in here) and shut the door.  They were no worse for wear.  The office is like 600 sq ft and it has plenty of places to sleep/play/wrassle/run like crazy people.  And we got sleep, too.  Yay.

Yesterday, at the Wallyworld, I picked up some seed packets - tomatoes, bell peppers (mixed colors), and basil.  We'll see if I can get any of them to grow and produce yummies.  I'll settle for grow and at least fill  in the bare patches in my gardens.  :shrug:  As long as the basil grows, it'll produce something edible, so there's that.  I don't really have the time to mess with a garden these days, so they'll be on their own.  

And I think that's about it.  Have a great day and I'll yat at you later.  


2 comments:

  1. Yay for kittens AND a good night's sleep. Hope the office continues to run well (or at least okay) once things return to semi-normal. Yay for eagles and planting.

    I'm still 8 books behind. I'll miss your Reading wrap-up but if you mention what's "open" in your updates, I good with that. I totally get the blogging burnout thing.

    Drama at the soccer game yesterday. Stormy played awesome, it was another kid. Season is almost over and Only and the other coach are looking to get the Terrible Twosome (Stormy and his BFF) on a more advanced team. The current league is basically for beginners and all kids get to play and it's all about sportsmanchip--which is cool!--but it penalizes the kids who are really good and that sucks. Anyway.

    Beautiful weather until yesterday--then cold and north wind. Still no rain. 😟 Warming up today and next week.

    Mostly watching On Patrol, baseball, and softball--not necessarily in that order.

    A tiny bit of writing. New glasses hopefully this week.

    And on that note, I need more coffee. Have a great week. Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, cats. I sympathize. Cleo is currently trying to drive me insane. At least she lets me sleep at night -- if I fill up her food-puzzle toy at 10:30 or so.

    Yay for seed packets! I hope they grow tall, and fast!

    My scale insists I lost 12 pounds overnight. Um, no chance. It might be time for a new scale. But I'll enjoy being "skinny" for a few days. ;-)

    ReplyDelete