Saturday, December 24, 2022

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 12/24/22

 It's Christmas Eve.  Know what that means?  I have one week left to finish enough books to reach my goal.  Unfortunately, I started the week off with two DNFs.  Blerg.

I picked up a suspense and a romance this week in ebooks.  And I have a Christmas short story waiting for me to read, too.  No new hardcopies this week.

Books Read:

72) Irish Red by Jim Kjelgaard (12/24/22) - Kids' Literature - 5 stars. I hadn't read this one before, but I love BIG RED.  I've had this one for years, and I don't remember where I got it or what I paid.
Review: "Not quite as awesome as Big Red, but still a very enjoyable and positive book. Get a copy for your kids! (And read it yourself. LOL)

71) The Island of Dr. Moreau by HG Wells (12/17/22) - Literature - 5 stars. I hadn't read this before, but it's Wells, so yeah, not exactly a new-to-me author.  Picked up for a dime from a thrift store.

DNFs:

12/20/22 - mystery. 25c.  What happens when a mystery is written by a stifled literary genius, a soul crying out to write flowery prose but forced to write stuff that will sell?  Gale force boredom of the long-winded variety.  No need to get all poetical there, dude, just give it to me straight. 

12/18/22 - suspense. 50c. Yup, I gave up on Hammer of Eden.  I didn't like any of the characters, so I really couldn't care less what happened to them.  :shrug:

Currently reading... I didn't start a new book yet.  I need to download those ebooks and the short, because we we without internet for a couple days.  Blerg.

What was on your reading list this past week?

1 comment:

  1. I opened this not long after it hit my RSS feed. Then I got busy. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I'm at 156 books so will probably bump my bumped 160 toward the end of the week. I polished off 3 books this week, all by Ilona Andrews in their Kate Daniels series (wife/husband writing team). After finishing THE WIZARD'S BUTLER, which I enjoyed a lot, I decided on comfort for a busy week. And it WAS a busy week. Anway, these are all UF with a touch of romance (the romance doewsn't get serious until book 3.

    156 - Must Love Hellhounds (Kate Daniels 2.5, Guild Hunter/Archangel 0.5) (anthology with Ilona Andrews, Nalini Singh, Charllaine Harris, and Meljean Brook.) Andres and Singh were 5 star, the other 3.5/4 for an average of 4 stars. Stuck it in because I'm doing a chronological readf of the KD series.
    155 - Magic Burns (KD #2) 5 stars. Magic and technology take turns but magic is pretty much in charge and has turned Atlanta (and the rest of the world) into a dystopian "wonderland." Good times!
    154 - Magic Bites (KD #1) 5 stars. Ah, Kate and Curren. She's a mercenary enigma and he's the Beast Lord. REALLY fun times!

    Currently reading #3, MAGIC STRIKES.

    Have a Merry Christmas to you and Hubs! Enjoy your day and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete