Sunday, December 4, 2022

Sunday Update - Week 48

We're on the homestretch of 2022.  Not that I'm anxious for 2023.  I'm just stating the obvious.  I have a flair for the obvious.

Nothing much new going on here.  I didn't write, I didn't bake, I didn't do anything active.  I did read some, but I talked about that yesterday.  Basically, I worked a lot.  I worked the day-job and when I got home, I worked the pay-job. (End of the month, lots of spreadsheets.)  

Yesterday was Wallyworld.  When I arrived, the parking lot had an inordinate number of police vehicles.  For a split second, I wondered if there was something awful going on inside, but then my brain went 'Shop with a Cop'.  Sure enough, the second thought was correct.  And it gave me a happy to see all those police officers shopping with all those kids.  My favorite part was seeing an officer with a boy of about 9-10, strolling in the camping/hunting/fishing gear.  The burly officer with the little girl in the clothing section looked awkward.  For the most part, though, it was all happy and joy.  I smiled through most of my shopping experience, despite the store being packed.  

I did not smile at the end of the checkout.  $239.  And some kid behind me touching all my stuff on the conveyor belt while his parents did nothing.  Dude, not cool.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the decorations we put up at the office last Friday.

Oops... I started this like 3 hours ago and then I got distracted.  Oh, well.  Not really much else to talk about.  Have a great day and an awesome week, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love Shop with a Cop. The big department (metroplex don'cha know) "worked" with Academy. One of the stores closed to the public and 100 cops with 100 kids spent $300 each kid. The store had special sales and when some of the kids refused to buy anything for themselves, the cops spent their own money. Made all sniffly when I watched the news. Several of the "suburbs" also do Shop with a Cop.

    Sometimes, doing nothing is the best antidote to doing a lot at the day job.

    Got quite a bit of writing done and then late Friday, my inner "nitpicker" kicked in. My geography was all off and the neighboring country wasn't part of the goup it needed to be and so I spent a good portion of Saturday morning before siren test and lunch and Saturday afternoon before evening indoor soccer game researching the new country which fits both geography requirements and treaty agreement. Happily, the Russians have not actually advanced to where I have them but...literary license, as I explained in the author notes. Anyway, if I didn't have to take two steps back occasionally then I wouldn't be doing it right. Or something.

    Not much else going on. Lunch with the fam was good. Only and Stormy did a 1-mile Jingle Bell fun run with the school's running club and then Stormy played soccer. Pros and cons to indoor soccer. Big pro is temperature controlled!

    Let's see. What else? Switched T-giving and Christmas door wreaths. Progress!

    And that's pretty much the sum total of my week. Upward and onward, yes? Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete