Saturday, December 10, 2022

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 12/10/22

I got a little distracted this morning.  On FB, I saw one of those List Challenge thingies that was called Confessions of a Book Hoarder and it asked which books you'd read of the lister's 735 books.  I was all like 'those are rookie numbers'.  But since we moved, I don't really know how many books I actually have.  And I thought 'what a fun rainy day activity!'and I am in luck because it is raining!'.  Being the totally book nerd I am, I grabbed a notepad and a pen and got to work.  I finished the west wall shelves - 385 books.  With the 5 shelf case sitting at about 150 books, I can guesstimate that the north wall (two 5 shelfers) has another 300 books.  There's probably like 200 in the living room and another 100 in the spare room.  So, I'm guessing around 850.  (I'll let ya know if my guess is right once I finish counting.)

GRAND TOTAL = 952 (not counting my 'stock' or books set aside to donate, which would probably be another 80-100)  Hubs says if I can keep it under a thousands, it's good.  ROFL.

Anyway, here's my week in reading...

No new books.

Books Read:

69) The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly (12/4/22) - Legal Thriller - 5 stars. New to me but not underappreciated. Picked up for 25c at the thrift store.
No Review.

68) Sea of Untold Stories (Ghost of Pinkerton #2) by Andy DeJong (12/4/22) - Paranormal* - 5 stars. Not new to me because I read Book #1, but definitely underappreciated.  After the author contacted me to let me know this book existed, I scooped it up at full price: $1.99.  If you're reading this, Andy, I would've paid more.  Raise your prices. Do at least $2.99 and get the higher % royalty at Amazon.
Review: "
This book is AWESOME. Another genre-bending romp with all the gang. Twists and turns abound. Loads of fun for everyone. Is it weird? Yup. But the writing is sound and the plot flows, and that makes it easier to wrap your brain around the weirdness. Too cool.

No DNFs.

Currently reading... Ringworld Engineers by Larry Niven.  

What's on your reading list this week?  

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I'm around late today too. I didn't wake up until 8:30 (unheard of for me!) after a bad physical night. It happens. Also, thunderstorms and heavy rains. Good sleeping weather. So, reading/listening. I had to bump my challenge to 155 because I'd hit my original goal early last week. I'm currently at 151, which now puts me 6 books ahead of schedule. I listened to 5 books last week.

    151 - Still Standing (Wild West MC #1), Kristen Ashley, Contemporary MC Romance, 5 stars. Not new, not underapprecaited. Relistened for new release. Vintage KA. Enjoyed the heck out of it.

    150 - A Hard Day for a Hangover (Sunshine Vicram, #3), Darynda Jones, 5 stars. I have no clue how to list this book. Romantic Elements/Suspense/RomCom. Latest release in the series. Snarky heroine MC, quirky characters, yummy male protagonist, humor suspense and all around awesomeness. This one did NOT end on a cliffhanger so I'm worried this might be the last book. Loved it. Laughed. And cried. Highly recommend the whole series.

    148 - A Good Day for Chardonnay (Sunshine Vicram, #2), Darynda Jones, 5 stars. Pretty much what I said above. Okay, EXACTLY what I said above.

    147 - A Bad Day for Sunshine (Sunshine Vicram, #1), Darynda Jones, 5 stars. Also ditto.

    146 - Wolf Gone Wild (Stay a Spell, #1), Juliette Cross, ParaRom, 3 stars. New to me, not underappreciated. Picked this up on a twofer sale. Set in New Orleans. Witch sisters. Various supernatural beings. "Underachieving" sister hooks up with a hexed/cursed werewolf metal sculpter. It was light-hearted and fun and there are more books because...sisters. I might read them at some point. Not a bad book just didn't grab me and make me want to devour it.

    Currently listening to SMOKE & STEEL (Wild West MC #2). It's pretty much vintage KA which is both good and bad at times. Still, I like the characters and am about 1/2 through. Not sure what I'll grab after I finish it.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete