Friday, December 30, 2022

Thursday This n That

 Yes, I am aware that it's Friday. 

I woke up late yesterday. I drank coffee, smoked a cigarette, took a shower, made my lunch, got dressed, and headed to work. Woo.

I'm doing genealogy again.  For some reason, I'm drawn to death certificates. I find it interesting to see how people died.  So, I already knew about the one grandfather who was crushed between two trains on Thanksgiving.  I found out one of his brothers was strangled to death by an overhead door.  Another grandfather was killed in a mine collapse in the salt mines in Detroit.  (Yes, there are salt mines in Detroit.)  He was one of six men trapped.  They got his and another two bodies out, but three guys are still down there.  Like I said... interesting.  Or I'm just morbid.

There are three bald eagles that hang out near work.  I regularly see them and hear them as they're flying in lazy circles over the woods.  It's pretty awesome.

The area hit record highs yesterday.  It got to like 70 degrees.  After last week's negative 6.  I expect another round of the crud to hit the area shortly.  I haven't gotten any of it yet.  Knock on wood.

I was so pooped after work yesterday, we had TV dinners.  Banquet has upped their game from the last time I bought those.  Better flavors and textures.  Last night, we had chicken fingers with macaroni and cheese and corn.  Yum.  Last week, we had Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes, and the potatoes weren't like sawdust.  Yay.

I desperately need to go fishing.

Well, it's 7 o'clock.  I should probably go get dressed and make my lunch. I hate going to work.  Oh, I don't hate working... just the going.  I'd really rather just sit around in my jammies than get dressed, hop in the car, and drive to the office.  :shrug:  But who wouldn't?

And on that note, I'll let you go.  Have a great day, wherever you are.  

2 comments:

  1. TGIF. And yeah, that whole putting on real clothes is a PITA. Yay for eagles. Death certificates are totally interesting. Glad you are dabbling again. And yes, you need to go fishing.

    Not much this or that around here. I cleaned my stove and replaced the old burner liners with new. That puppy was a "present" from LG back in the 80's. Seriously. It's gas. It still works. It has two ovens. I love it and know I'll have to replace it eventually but no one makes anything remotely similar anymore. I will have a HUGE sad when/if it kaputs.

    Bowl games are a total bust this year. Ah well. Softball and baseball seasons on the horizon.

    Have I mentioned I love Cafe du Monde chicory coffee?

    Somebody(ies) bought 24 of my books in the past 24 hours. Color me gobsmacked.

    I need to thaw the brisket in the freezer. Gonna fix it and homemade BBQ sauce for New Years. Yummers.

    Have a great weekend and a Happy New Year. That's it for me. This is the end. 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?!?!? It isn't Saturday? I've been feeling weekend-ish for days.

    This morning when I went walking, a million birds (oh, okay, 500) were hanging out in the trees along the driveway, singing their little hearts out. Then a small hawk flew into the trees and every songbird vanished.

    Hmm, flew. Have the kids transformed it to flied yet? Maybe so, as it's not marked as misspelled. I'm years behind the times; I still use snuck (now marked as misspelled). Sigh.

    Have fun with your genealogy! Mom says that one of her great-grandfathers was hung as a horse thief. Someday I'll look him up. Maybe. ;-)

    ReplyDelete