Sunday, November 27, 2022

Sunday Update - Week 47

 At least I think it's Week 47.  :shrug:  Anyway...

How did the week shake out?  Hmm...

Well, we started out last week with a walk in the woods.  First time since the Spring, so yay.  Nothing major to report down in there.  All the paths are leaf covered.  Not much new deadfall.  

I read some last weekend and finished two books.  I finished another one yesterday.

I didn't bake anything, which was weird because, for the first time, we had Thanksgiving with no dessert.  :sadface:  Well, I did have ice cream, but I always have ice cream.  Hubs roasted a most excellent turkey, though.  

In addition to our walk in the woods, I got active on Friday when we cleaned and decorated the office.  Total exer-cleaning day there.  I haven't weighed myself since Thanksgiving, but at last check... Weight: 158.8.  I haven't been in the 150s since like 2006.  

Speaking of weight loss, my new sweat pants arrived.  They fit.  But it's weird wearing sweats that fit now, so they seem too tight.  What I really need is a pair with a large waist and XL legs.  Ma legs need room to breathe, doncha know.  And before you remind me about the drawstring, there comes a point when no matter how much you pull on the drawstring, your pants still fall down.

Okay, so cleaning and decorating, I got to work at 7:30, slapped some Christmas music on, and got right to it sweeping.  I started on the right, and swept every room but one.  (And that's because the other gal was doing her own office.)  Then I dusted damn near everything.  I took breaks to answer the phones (they weren't ringing that much) and to do a few actual office things that needed doing.  After lunch, we decorated.  Then I went back to work on that big box of filing.  Then the mail arrived, so I dealt with that.  And then I got back to filing - which I finished with a few minutes to spare before clock-out time. Yay.  The office is so merry and bright.  And tidy!  (I still want to wash the windows, but cleaning time is over.)

I spent yesterday reading and relaxing.  And recovering from my exer-cleaning. Who-waa, I found muscles I'd forgotten I had.  We're also working our way through all those turkey leftovers.  Yay.  Today will be more of them same.

How was your week?  Did you have a nice Thanksgiving?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good week! Yay for walks, cleaning, decorating, reading, and turkey with leftovers! Boo on no dessert. Yay on sweats and weight.

    There was a week. And a weekend. Or least half a weekend so far. I wrote like a crazy woman. I didn't listen to a book. Okay. I did like one time on my way to Walmart but that was like less than 10 minutes.

    Thanksgiving was crowded. You know what I did the the first batch of roll dough. 🤦🏼‍♀️ The second batch was awesome. The nephew who did the turkey decided that 14 lbs. was more than enough for 18 people. 🤦🏼‍♀️ No leftovers. Thankfully, Uncle Fix-It had a ham that he threw in the oven the minute he saw the size of the turkey. We were more than thankful to get home! Nice folks but way too many and way too loud.

    I miss after-Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches.

    I had pumpkin pie for dinner last night. JUST pumpkin pie. Hey, pumpkin is healthy, am I right?

    I really haven't done much beyond make-n-bake a pumpkin pie, bake a pecan pie from my favorite "friend" Mrs. Fields, and make-n-bake rolls. And write/edit/organize CROSSFIRE. I have a prologue and 5 solid chapters, about 1/3 of the way through #6, and all my snippets, scenes, and notes are tagged and moved around on the virtual bulletin board so they are in more-or-less chronological order. Now I just need to fill in the blanks. While I may have 50K by Wednesday to "win" NaNo, I won't be finished with the book but I'm a whole lot closer and I might actually make it to publication before Christmas or New Year's. We'll see.

    And that's all folks. Here's to a sane and productive week for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanksgiving was lovely and quiet. I'm not allowed to cook anything (since the time I forgot to add salt), but my sister is a wonderful cook. I ate waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

    I've been reading too much, and loving every minute. I got hold of the last book in Glen Cook's Garrett PI series, and finally started it last night.

    I did some work... Does doom-scrolling eBay count? I didn't think so. Boo.
    Still, I scored a couple of great finds - 1839 and 1844 ladies' books. I hope they will be great... They both have a couple of fashion plates, but I'm worried about there being good descriptions. Oh, well, the colored plates will be worth the cost. :-)

    ReplyDelete