Sunday, November 13, 2022

Sunday Update - Week 45

 Well, hello again.  Let's see if we can rebuild this past week, eh?

No writerly things.  To my amazement, I sold a book.  Woo.  Which meant I needed to update my book sales spreadsheets.  (They were still on September, even though I sold a book in October, too.)  I did that yesterday.

I didn't finish reading anything.  I DNF'd two books before yesterday's post.  I'm DNF'ing the book I started after the post.  It's just weird and I'm tired of trying to make it make sense.  I'm sure it probably does at some point, but meh.

In baking news, I made an apple cranberry crisp last Sunday, then nada.  I do have plans to make a layer cake this week.  I bought pans for it and everything.  I haven't made a layer cake since Owl was a baby.  Wish me luck.

On the activity front, we walked last Sunday and then we went fishing.  Friday, I cleaned the bathrooms at work.  Took me like 20 minutes.  No weight loss this week.  I mean, I got down to 164.4, but then yesterday, I was 166.4, so up and down.  :shrug:

No one made me clean the bathrooms, btw.  I have a low tolerance for scudge in bathrooms. Rather than whine about it, I clean it.  2 bathrooms - each with a toilet and a sink.  I did the floors and the mirrors, too.  Are they perfect?  Nope.  That would take longer and I didn't have longer.  Are they presentable?  Yep.  I also take the garbage out on Fridays because the thought of garbage sitting over the weekend makes me gag.  They're my quirks and I own them.

As for fishing, we didn't catch anything but it was nice to just be at the lake drowning worms with my favorite person.

We got snow Friday night.  It was just a dusting.  Barely enough to make the grass white and leave some on the car.  I can handle that.  No more, though, please.

I went to the thrift store yesterday.  I was looking for an overcoat, but since they didn't have one of those, I picked up 6 books.  4 paperbacks and 2 hardcovers - $2.  Yay.

Work is work.  Like my weight, it's up and down.  The creeping crud is making its way through the staff.  I spent the last two hours of Friday by myself in the office because all the other office staff went home sick.  (I am fine, by the way.)  It was awesome.  I threw a rave.  Hundreds of people showed... :shudder: I can't even joke about that.  I enjoyed the quiet and got some stuff done.  I finally organized the surplus inventory room so it doesn't look like a tornado went through there.  All my filing is done.  Score.

I might zip down to the Wallyworld this morning and see if I can find a turkey that doesn't cost a wing and a drumstick.  (See what I did there? ROFL)  Seriously, though, I've heard turkeys are hard to find and that they're REALLY expensive this year.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Okay, that's probably enough out of me.  Nothing much else is going on.  How are things in your world?


2 comments:

  1. My Wallyworld seems to have plenty of birds. Price? No clue. I haven't actually checked. One of the SiL's neices is doing the turkey for T-giving at the BiL/SiL's place. I'm taking pie and my yeast rolls. I suppose i should look for a small breast so we can have turkey for sandwiches. I'll add it to the list.

    We got a dusting of snow too and more expected tomorrow. I'm debating whether Wallyworld today or wait until Tuesday/Wednesday. As I'm not feeling particularly motivated, probably later in the week.

    You deserve a raise at work. Just sayin'...

    Not much else going on in my world. Just achy joints from the cold and a real desire to stay in bed. No time for lazybones, though. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple cranberry crisp sounds delish! All my favorite ingredients. :-)

    I'm obviously running late. Again. That's the story of my week. (rolls eyes)

    Cleo is lighter by a whole pound. In three weeks. No wonder the poor kitten acts starving all the time! (We won't talk about my weight.)

    I got some work done this week, but most of it for Mom. If she weren't so terrified of it, I'd work harder to get her online.

    ReplyDelete