Monday, November 21, 2022

Sunday Update - Late, Too. Oops.

In my defense, I was working on fighting off the crud yesterday.  Since I seem to have won, it's was worth it.  I didn't actually have it yet, I could just feel it coming on.  The best offense is a good defense and all that, doncha know.  

Now, let's see... what did I do last week?  I worked.  That's a given.  I read some.  Naturally.  The rest is a blur.

As for the weekend, I read a lot.  Finished two books.  Yay.  You'll read more about that on Saturday.

I also went into the woods.  Yay.  We were looking around at what may have occurred in there since the last time it was cold.  The good news is that not much looks different.  Not that many newly dead trees.  Not much more new deadfall.  We were also looking for the back neighbor's property pin.  We know where it's supposed to be - 30ft south of where our old pin is.  It wasn't there.  Perhaps it wasn't surveyed when she bought that extra stretch.  :shrug:  

That's about it for activity for the week.  I have now lost 23.4 pounds since the beginning of the year (22.6 since I started work).  Hubs says he can really see it, especially in my face.  I attribute this to stress and eating a whole lot less than I used to.  This has happened before.  The job I had in Florida, where I got down to 110 from like 150.  And, of course, after my accident when I went from like 160 to 120 and then had a devil of a time putting weight back on.  

Of course, I'm getting to where none of my pants fit.  

Speaking of pants, I ordered two pair of new sweat pants.  I only have one pair that doesn't slide off anymore.  Drawstrings and elastic can only do so much.  =o\  Thankfully, I bought plenty of work pants in smaller sizes so I'm okay there, but I need to hit the thrift stores again before these start wanting to drop around my ankles.

And that's about it for me.  Pretty boring week here.  How was yours?


2 comments:

  1. Sorry for the stress but yay for the weight loss. I'm jealous. And yay for some time in the woods. I sort of miss not living out in them. Sort of. But not really.

    You mostly know what I did last week and over the weekend. In a quick update, I messed with the routine this morning but all to the good. I came in to check email while LG was in our bathroom prepping for the day. When the screen woke up, the WIP MS was there. Having awoken at 3:45 a.m. (in all fairness, I was asleep before 9 p.m.) and while I was trying to get back to sleep, I figured out a transitional scene that I needed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 that ties in with Prologue. In stead of checking mail and other morning procrastinations, I sat down and wrote almost 500 words before LG cleared the area and I could get in to get ready to head to Wallyworld. I've now sorted email, read the blogroll and once I answer this, I will refill coffee and get back to work. I'd love to get 2K words out today!

    On that note, hope you had a quiet day, since you won't see this until after work. Later, tater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A boring week is a good week. Nobody hurt or ill around here, thank goodness. Though it's been around a month since the last time we took Brother to the hospital... We can't convince him that the hospital *can't* fix his back pain. Opioids (all they gave him last time) doesn't help arthritis.

    Congrats on the impressive weight loss! You don't need to tell anyone that it's from working too hard. ;-)

    ReplyDelete