Sunday, November 6, 2022

Sunday Update - Week 44

It was a week, lemme tell ya.  Mostly work related and mostly stuff I can't talk about online.  Wednesday was weird.  Friday sucked.  Details will not be forthcoming.

Anyway, I read some stuff.  I'm only one book behind schedule now.  I still have to read 13 books between now and the end of the year to reach my goal, though, so I'm not sure that's possible.  We'll see.

I made zucchini bread last Sunday.  I might make cranberry apple something today, because cranberries were on sale at Wallyworld, so I couldn't pass those suckers up.

Not really much activity this week.  I swept the office again.  The other half this time.  Woohoo.  Still lost 1.8 pounds since last Sunday.  Weight: 164.6.  I'd like to stop at like 150 or thereabouts, but we'll see if it's possible to stop.  I worked a job in FL that got me down to 110.  I was ugly-skinny at that point, trust me.  I might have to switch off diet dew (Wallyworld brand, of course) and start eating breakfast.

On the upside, the two pairs of pants I bought last month that were a little tight fit now.  I look smashing in the red pants with a sheer red shirt and a tank top underneath that.  The pinstripe pants are yet to be worn because I can't quite figure out the best tops to go with them.  Maybe tomorrow.

Oh oh oh, my sleeveless turtleneck tops arrived!  Took them long enough.  I love them.  They look and feel awesome on me.  We'll see how they fare after they're washed.  One is black and the other is purple like deep amethyst.  I do love me some gem colors.

Last weekend, I bought worms in a spate of optimism.  I still haven't gone fishing.  Maybe today.  We really should put new line on all the reels, though.  And we need to rake the yard.  There are too many things to do on my days off to spare a few hours for fishing.  Of course, my weekends now typically consist of sitting and reading and watching TV.  After a week of work, I don't really want to do anything else.  :shrug:

Of course, last night was the time change.  As always, we didn't change the clocks before we went to bed, so right now half the clocks are right and the other half are an hour ahead.  I'll go change those in a while.  Every clock thing in the kitchen and the one in the bedroom don't change themselves.  On the upside, it'll be light when I go to work.  On the downside, it'll be dark when I come home.  Turds.

Everything else is fine.  The family is fine.  The critters are fine.  The world isn't fine, but there's nothing I can do about that.  We'll vote on Tuesday before I have to head to work.  I'm not sure it'll do any good, but not voting definitely won't.  So go vote.

And on that note, I'll let you get back to your day.  Have a great one!  And drop a note to tell me how your week went.  =o)




2 comments:

  1. Sorry about work. Yay for reading. Yay for being almost caught up. I'm still ahead by 13 and have only 10 books left to hit my goal. Yay for new clothes and clothes that fit. Worms will keep, get out there for an hour or two to clear your head. The leaves will still be there later, with more coming. Yay for yummies.

    I hate the time change. Just leave Standard Time STANDARD TIME! Jerks. My body doesn't look at clocks.

    I'm going to make the easy cinnamon rolls this morning, except Wallyworld didn't have the Grands size so I bought double pack of the regular size. We'll see how that works.

    Speaking of whip cream, I used it instead of soy milk in my Jiffy's Cornbread mix. Talk about yummers! The cornbread puffed up and was moist and had a finer, more cake-like texture. I bought it for the cinnamon rolls but it'll stay on the grocery list whenever I'm planning cornbread.

    I ordered and received some flannel sleep pants. I get men's because they have pockets. Why do designers/manufacturers think women don't want pockets?!? I should have paid attention to ALL the reviews and ordered the XLs instead of the Ls. If a dude has an athletic bone in his body, the darn things will be tight on his thighs. So yeah, not that comfortable but I washed them to get the sizing out because they were stiff. Can't return them now and the idea of me losing 5-10 pounds? Yeah, not likely. They are 3 different cool plaids though.

    Football sucked. Astros won and I'm happy for Dusty Baker. He's one of the good guys. Phillies played well and have no reason to hang their heads.

    Long nap yesterday. I needed it.

    Not much else in my world. Getting down to business after I make the cinnamon rolls and binge a few while they're still warm. Hope this week is a better one for you! Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, that time change. I started to change the clocks and promptly forgot what I meant to do. So this morning the alarm went off and I got up. And remembered. I set the alarm clock back one hour, went back to bed, and slept for an hour. Heaven! Morning just comes too early.

    Hurray for new clothes that fit! You sound Rad! Cool? Hot? No idea what the current approval words are.

    I got a little work done, but Mom remembered that I can do all her internet stuff and has been sending me small projects all week. Not feeling the love here.

    But eBay loves me. I REALLY need to break up with them, though.

    ReplyDelete