Saturday, November 12, 2022

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 11/12/22

It wasn't a banner week for reading for me.  :shrug:  It goes like that sometimes.  

I didn't get any new books this week.  Maybe today, I'll do something about that.  I am down to one unread ebook, after all.  

Books Read:

Nope.  I didn't finish a single damn book this week.

DNFs:

11/12/22 - 99c - supernatural mystery.  The writing was fine and the characters / plot were interesting.  Then the author had to go making it an 'issues' book, trotting out the same ol' tired crap - you know the old song and dance... 'all conservatives are racist and all racists are conservative'.  :eyeroll:  And yes, I did dump this one first thing this morning.  

11/9/22 - free - fantasy.  I thought it was the first book, but it was the first book in a spin-off series to another series that I hadn't read, so that left me lost right from the start.  (Even though it did say it would stand alone.  Right.)  Plus, some of the stylistic choices left me flat.  

Currently reading... Since I DNF'd that thing already today, I haven't started anything else.  Maybe I'll read the one unread e-book.  Maybe I'll just go pick up another paperback.  We'll see.  Tune in next week.  ;o)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry nothing stuck for you this week. I HATE "issue" books, just sayin'. I had a decent week. Still marathoning Nalini Singh's Guild Hunter/Archangel books. I finished four and currently stand at 142 books of my 150 goal, which puts me 13 ahead.

    142 - Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12) - 5 HUGE stars. OMG. This book! It is huge! SOOOO much going on and all the feels. The battle scene is freaking epic. The stuff with Elena and Raphael and...and...Yeah. When it originally released, I put it on my "Best Book of the Year" shelf on Goodreads.

    141 - Archangel's Prophecy (Guild Hunter, #11) - 4.5 stars. Elena and Raphael again and crazysauce stuff going on. Good book but the massive cliffhanger (and a wait of a year before the next book was to be published) pushed me down to a 4. Since there are now several more books I can tumble right into, I've softened and raised it to a 4.5 because the dange book WOULD be 5 stars if not for the cliffhanger. (Even though I understand why she did it. Grrr.)

    140 - Archangel's Viper (Guild Hunter, #10) - 5 stars. Venom and Holly's story. Venom is a vampire and literaly poison as he was a one-of-a-kind made by Neha, the Queen of Poisons (and snakes, and the Archangel of India.) Holly Chang is a human who was a victim of the rogue archangel in the very first book (ARCHANGEL'S BLOOD) and the only survivor. Uram forced her to drink his blood and it fundamentally changed her but she's not truly a vampire. It's a good story.

    139 - Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter, #9) - 5 stars. Back to Elena and Raphael and furthering the overall plot.

    Currently reading ARCHANGEL'S SUN. One more after this and then it will be time for the new release. Wishing you better luck with the reading this week. Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete