Monday, April 18, 2022

Monday Update - Week Something or Other

Due to yesterday being a holiday, I postponed the usual Sunday Update to today.  Hence, the Monday Update.  And frankly, I'm too meh to go look up the week #.  Considering how boring I'm about to be, I'm not sure why I'm bothering with an update, but you came here for a post, so a post I shall present.

I didn't do anything writerly last week.  Which calls to mind a scene from History of the World Part I, wherein Mel Brooks' character is applying for unemployment as a stand-up philosopher.  "Did you bullshit last week?" (If you haven't seen the movie, it's comedy gold, folks.)  

In reading news, I did finish a couple books, but for the most part, the week was wasted on DNFs.

On the baking front, I did a chocolate oil cake with super fudgy frosting.  It was totally necessary.  I also did a batch of biscuits and a batch of cake cookies.  

Of course, there wasn't much activity either.  I did some yard work one day.  I haven't weighed myself yet this month.  I don't expect any good can come of that.

My last blood-related aunt passed away this past week.  Mom's little sister.  She was 79.  Her memorial is this coming weekend, but it'll be in Michigan, so I won't be there except in spirit.  She was a good person.  In a way, she was like a hummingbird.  Always moving, always active.  I don't remember her ever being still.  May she rest in peace.  My thoughts go out to her six kids and their kids.  And, of course, to my mom who has now lost both of her younger siblings.  Getting old blows.

Yesterday was Easter.  We didn't do anything special other than a special dinner.  The store didn't have the kind of ham I wanted, so we went with steak and shrimp along with a side of cheesy-chive mashed potatoes.  It all turned out really good.

And that's about all I can think of from last week.  Meh, meh, and more meh.  

Anyhoo, on that note, I'll leave it to you to comment and tell me about your week.

2 comments:

  1. Condolences to you and your mom.

    Cleo is driving me crazy. Mostly in a good way, but my spider plant looks like it was attacked by sharp-toothed aliens. Hm. I suppose it was. ;-)

    I got enough work done that I can't whine about it (too much), but progress is way slower than I'd like. Can I blame that on Cleo? Not really. I'll blame it on digging up weeds. NOT on getting old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't bother posting today. I'm still on hiatus but I'm hoping Wednesday, the fog will clear. I finally figured out the why of the miasma. It's tomorrow's date. Stup0id PTSD.

    Anyway. The James Gang met for dinner Saturday night for Baseball Boy's Belated Birthday and Easter. It was fun to gather at The Hideaway, which is a pizza place that originated up in Stillwater, close to OSU, where both boys went to college. Food is good, Jake is welcome, and it was good to see Uncle Fix-It and Aunt Hooey.

    The rest of the weekend, I watch softball and baseball. Total slug. Hoping Wednesday will start better times. We'll see.

    In the meantime, Stormy is coming at some point and due to car troubles on their end, that will require some travel shuffling. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete