Saturday, September 5, 2020

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 9/5/20

Hello again.  It's early Saturday morning here because I forgot to set this post up last night.  I definitely need coffee.

Anyway, I picked up one new book this past week - a cozy mystery.  I still have that one UF left from early August, too.  Other than that, nada.  Which is okay because I'm using my Kindle for editing right now. 

Speaking of which, I'm editing AND writing now, so the reading is getting shunted aside.  Sorry about that.  Really I am, but it's got to be done.

Books read:

61) Sphere by Michael Crichton (8/29/20) - Technothriller - 4 stars.  Neither new to me nor underappreciated.  Paid 25c at a thrift store.
No Review.  What can I possibly add to Crichton's review base that will affect a reader one way or the other?  And he's gone, so helping his book sales is moot.  (Probably not to his heirs, but they're rolling in it anyway.)  All I can say is that it was thrilling... but ultimately? Weird. 

DNFs:

9/1/20 - literature.  The Flight of the Falcon by Daphne du Maurier.  I've had this one in my collection for years, and I want to say I read it when I was a teen, but I don't remember any of it and it totally was not blowing my skirt up.  I'll probably keep it because it's part of the collection.  

Currently reading...  I haven't picked up anything to read since that DNF.  

What did you read last week?  Anything good? 

1 comment:

  1. All the "new" books are on the table at the moment. A few are releasing soon. After finishing EMERALD BLAZE last Friday, I went back to my re-listen of the In Death series by JD Robb. Robb (aka Nora Roberts) doesn't need my reviews or my pimping her books but this is a fave series and pretty much chicken soup so 2020 is definitely a good time to listen to all 50+ books. All of them are 4 or 5 stars. I'm at 139, 4 books ahead on my GR challenge. I'll go back to 5 ahead later today because I'm 2 hours away from finishing INNOCENT IN DEATH. Soooo many feels about this particular book--shock at the perpetrator but mostly in the personal arena of Roarke and Dallas. He's a total jerk and doesn't grovel near enough but...anyway. LOL Here are the other titles:

    139: Born in Death
    138: Haunted in Death
    137: Memory in Death
    136: Origin in Death

    Happy editing and writing. I'm doing that too. My line edits are due back to NY by Friday. My task? To make her more loveable and him less stalkerish. Yeah, this is me rolling my eyes! That said, my editor says this is a fun book and he really enjoyed it. Mixed blessings, I guess. Now I'm off to get ready for pancakes, sirens, and Mex food! Yayayayay. Have a sane weekend. I hope most of the lake people stay home but that probably won't happen.

    ReplyDelete