Monday, September 7, 2020

Labor Day? Oh, I'm Laborin', All Right.

It's Monday, but it isn't.  It's like Sunday Part Two, The Revenge of Sunday.  These Monday holidays wreck me.  Every damn time. 

So I spent a large hunk of the weekend working on a spreadsheet thing, and when I wasn't actually working on it, I was thinking about it.  Then I'd get an idea and head back here to the keyboard.  It's pushing me to give up, but I will not be defeated. 

The problem is I have two sets of data from two different entities I have to try and match up.  Well, actually, it's three sets of data because one of the entities sent it in one format and then sent additional data in a different format.  And I'm trying to make it all match.  It's hard to explain without getting into details I can't make public.  Suffice it to say, it's infinitely harder than it would be if all this was consistent. 

And I have to take it all and put it into a legible format to present to the boss.  Which I was trying to have to him by Monday, but Monday isn't Monday this week.  So I have an extra day to try and make it happen.  It still isn't looking good, but I'll give it the ol' college try.  (Cuz the new college try is half-assed, if you ask me.)

So, here I am, smoking too much with grainy eyes, getting ready to dive back in.  Labor Day?  Oh, I'm laborin', all right. 

What are you up to today?


2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I remember having to juggle data like that back in the day. Ugh. And good luck! You can do it because you're all smart and stubborn and stuff.

    I've got to get further on the line edits than I've gotten and we're doing family lunch today. I'll probably put off getting started until we get home because at this point (had other stuff to deal with this morning), I'll just be getting started and will likely be in the middle of a scene that needs work when it's time to load up and go. There may be some late nights before I'm done. Ah well.

    And yes, even though my days run together, there's just something "mental" about a 3-day weekend that throws me off.

    Hang in there and good luck on the spreadsheet audit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got four little orders over the weekend (yay!), including one dressmaking book (double yay!), so I'll spend most of the afternoon pulling, packing, and printing postage. I'm moving slower and slower these days, and it takes about 1/2 per order. But I'm grateful for all of them!

    Afterward I'll start working on 1881 again. Only 39 illustrations left for this source. :-)

    ReplyDelete