Thursday, August 13, 2020

Thursday This n That

I made pizza again yesterday and as I was kneading the dough I reminded myself it was totally worth it to get pizza.  This morning, I have to remind myself again.  Someday, the scales may tip in the wrong direction and it won't be worth all the effort to get pizza, but today is not that day.  (The hands are begging to differ this morning, but they can shut the hell up.)

On a totally related note, YAY ALEVE! YAY ASPERCREME!

I also made a cake yesterday, but it was boxed, so no effort there.  Strawberry cake with chocolate frosting (also cheater).  With ice cream.  And fresh strawberries on the side.  And Owl made fresh whipped cream.  It was all totally yummy.

Additionally, Owl and I did the Wallyworld haul for the month.  Gah.  Totally surreal in there.

Yes, totally is the word of the day.

I'm still writing every day.  Yay!  This is the longest sustained effort I've put into anything in longer than I can remember. 

I haven't finished a book this week.  Thus far, it's DNFs all the way down.  More about that on Saturday.

Yesterday, I was sitting out in the smoking room when something flashed by the windows.  (The windows are about 12-14' up from the ground back there.)  Beauregard, our broad-winged hawk, moving fast on his way somewhere else.  It must be the week for seeing interesting birds. 

My hairy woodpecker scratches are healing nicely, by the way.

Other than that, not much going on around here.  What's on your this-n-that radar today?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the hands but yay for everything else and Happy Belated to Owl. Yummy cake! Yay hawk!

    We've had Stormy this week. A lot. He came Monday, spent the night, went home Tuesday afternoon then came again yesterday. He got to go to school with Baseball Boy today. I'll pick him up at his school tomorrow morning. He and Only are dropping off his school supplies for the start of school next week. She'll head to work and I'll bring Stormy here until his dad is down mid-afternoon.

    I've been getting some good word counts even with the Jammie gig. Slow start this morning because stuff keeps happening and I'm waiting on an email from NY with line edits for the Feb. release of RDR#9. I have a title but no cover yet. I'll reveal all when it stacks up.

    Not much else going on this week. Haven't seen the kittens lately. Hoping they're okay. No hummers either.

    And...that's about it for me. Boring stuff but hey, beats the alternative, right? Right!

    Later, tater. And take care of those hands!

    ReplyDelete