Sunday, August 16, 2020

Sunday Update - Week... Umm 32?

What a week.  It flew right by there, didn't it?  And now, here's me on a Sunday morning trying to patch it together for this update.  Lucky for me, I've been keeping a log of writing and activity.

Writing went well this week.  I'm still writing every day (as you can see from the widget on the right there.)   Only 6007 words last week, but I'm over 15K overall for the month.  And the book is now over 53K.  Last night, I got about 250 words in when I blurted out "Well, I didn't see that coming."  And then I had to stop to digest what I'd just dropped in my own lap.  Of course, Hubs was all like 'what?' and then I had to explain that I'd just written something I hadn't been expecting.  The joys of pantsing.  I went and played some poker for a bit while I figured out what I was going to do with the epiphany, then I got back after it.  Then after I'd stopped for the night, a couple corollary epiphanies hit.  I wrote those down on a notepad for today.

No editing or marketing this week.

Reading did not go all that well.  I mean, I tried.  But I ended up DNF'ing 3 books and didn't finish anything.  Which doesn't help when I'm trying to wedge reading time in between writing and activity and the rest of life.  Right now, I'm reading a Phyllis Whitney I haven't read before, so that's good.

As for activity, I missed two days last week.  By the time I thought about doing anything, it was too hot to walk and I didn't feel like doing anything else.  Of the five days, I walked three of those, cleaned one other day, and one day was shopping and baking - which totally count as activity.  Push a full cart around Wallyworld and see if you don't burn some calories.  As for baking, it's the kneading that gives me a workout.  Weight:  Umm... 180.8 - because reasons.

Speaking of baking, I did Owl's birthday cake and then made her a pizza for her birthday dinner.  I also made stuffed peppers for dinner one night.  As for other cooking, that one neighbor dropped by again with a bag full of tomatoes and peppers.  I blanched up a bunch of the tomatoes - my first time blanching - and they're all set to freeze for sauces.

On the cleaning front, I tackled my bathroom yesterday.  Sounds easy enough, right?  Umm, not easy.  Big bathroom.  The mirror on the wall with the vanity stretches the entire wall.  Wash the floors.  Full shower surround that requires me to actually get in and scrub it while I'm showering.  Anyway, it's clean and I'm clean and I'm feeling the effects in my shoulders today.

Getting older sucks.

Anyway, that's about it for me.  And probably more than enough for you.  How'd your week go?

1 comment:

  1. It was a week. Lots of Stormy time. I do love the little sucker, though. Except...Angry Birds. Luckily, they're his entertainment du jour so I got some words in while he was here. I'm not keeping exact count but several days were 2K plus, the others 1K or less. Buyt words! AuGoWriMo FTW!

    Only had car trouble so I ferried back and forth a couple of times and left Drover with her while the 'Stang was in the shop.

    Listened to a couple of good books and one sorta blah, as you know from yesterday's reading wrap-up. Gonna finish the In Death and maybe one more before I start the other series reread for the new release coming the 25.

    Woke up at 4 a.m. Couldn't go back to sleep. I foresee a nap in my future.

    Gosh but my life is boring. That's the sum total of my week. Blerg.

    Here's to a week full of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete