Wednesday, August 26, 2020

And Then This Happened

Last night after dinner, Owl got a message from the powers at EMU (yes, her school is EMU - we don't call it EMU, we call it Eastern - and their mascot is not an emu, which I think is an opportunity missed) that she was approved for special dispensation, so everything that was off yesterday is back on.  So if you heard a huge grinding of gears last night, that was me.

Despite the grinding of gears, hank you to everyone who sent positive thoughts her way for that to happen. 

So, early Friday morning we will load up the car and take the haul to the airport.  She'll hop a plane, take a layover in North Carolina and then head onward to Detroit.  (Don't ask.  I have no clue why the cheapest flight goes from here to way the hell over there and then up.  Maybe Chicago has become such a hole they're routing flights elsewhere to avoid it.)  She'll pick up her rental and be at my mom's place around 6pm.  Then Saturday, she packs all the stuff she left at Mom's and heads down to move into her dorm. 

Anyway, if you don't see me Friday morning, that's where I'll be.  If all goes well, I'll be back by like 9am. 

I still hate all this.

3 comments:

  1. Hate that she's going back? Hate that her life got interrupted? Hate that the airlines are totally weird? FYI, Southwest is now so desperate they have $39 fares. We could fly a lot of places cheaper than we could drive but...airplanes. LOL

    Anyway, very glad she got her dispensation. I'm sure she's ready to get back to her city life and her young adult life and college and stuff. Y'all will miss her but I suspect there will be a tiny bit of relief, too. Been there. Felt both.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray she's getting her life back! Best of luck to the Owl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy she got her dispensation. What a snafu - do these powers that be not know of all the reservations/arrangements/money that take place...for them to just say 'no' is beyond me! Anyway, happy she's off - safe journey, Owl.

    ReplyDelete