Thursday, December 21, 2017

Thursday This n That

I can't get motivated this morning.  Coffee ain't doin' it.  Smokes ain't doin' it.  Getting up and movin' around ain't doin' it.  Bleh.  Oh well, motivated or not I have shit to do.

I have three books left to read before the end of the year to reach my readjusted goal of 90 books.  Nothing's blowing my skirt up right now.  Plus, I have editing to do and work stuff to do.  Not sure if I'll get those last three read in the next ten days.  What I kind of want to read will take me more than 10 days to read by itself - Shogun.  I picked it up at a thrift store.  It's a FAT book.  Epic.  Right now, I'm reading a Mack Bolan spinoff called Phoenix Force: Ultimate Terror.  It's good, but not really grabbing me.

I picked up Christmas dinner fixin's yesterday.  Scallops, shrimp, and a big Porterhouse steak.  I also bought a ham because at that price I couldn't pass it up.  I'll make the ham today so we have loads of hammy leftovers.  Hubs will be manning the grill on Christmas - unless the weather is super gross, than I'll cook.  Not sure what dessert will be.  I already made another pumpkin cheesecake - half of which is already gone. 

Had a couple of good fishing excursions this week, which might be why I am unmotivated this morning.  Sore, tired... bleh.  Lure fishing is loads of fun now that I'm finally catching stuff, but it's murder on my feet, legs, back... All that standing and casting and reeling is tiring.

Okay, like I said at the beginning of this, motivation or not, there's shit to do today.  Have a great day and drop a comment in the box as you head out the door.  :waves:




1 comment:

  1. Finished the "toilet bombs" for Christmas gifts this morning while the desktop did a major update. Sounds uncool but they're baking soda, citric acid, and lemon oil. You drop them in, they fizz, you close the lid, and 20 minutes later, the thing is deodorized and pet safe. I made them in mini-muffin red/white cups and they're in glass containers. I need to buy groceries, fill the car, get cleaning, but waiting on a check to deposit. We'll see. Lean Christmas this year.

    I'm like 30+ books over my challenge. I didn't bother to update the total. I'm looking for something new. I tried the early series by an author I enjoyed and...*shudder*.

    I need to write a Christmas story and do a newsletter to go out Saturday. We'll see if it gets done.

    First, though, Christmas cards. I'm set up and ready to address them. Fun. [Insert picture of grumpy cat here]

    Is it nap time yet?

    ReplyDelete