Sunday, December 17, 2017

Sunday Update - Week 50

Only two weeks left in the year.  How'd that happen?  Geez.

Okay, so Week 50.  Let's see...

I did not do any writing last week.  I did however get the edits for Blink of an I on Friday.  I read over the edit letter and then let it stew until Saturday night when I finally mustered the will to dive in.  I got 10 pages worth done last night.  My taking most of her edit suggestions and also doing some tweaking of my own because I haven't touched this manuscript in years and there's so much I would do differently now, so I'm doing it.  I said I'd have this done by the end of the year.  Umm... yeah, that might be wishful thinking.  BUT, and it's a big one, I am committed to putting this out for readers in February.  If all goes smoothly, mid-Feb.  If not, end of Feb.

I also sat down yesterday and scheduled a sale on all my books for December 25th thru December 31st.  Everything will be .99 in the US and the UK.  So, 9 books for under $9.  Now I have to try and see if I can get some ads or something.  (Yeah, I know.  By the time I think of having a sale, it's usually too late to secure ads for the sale.  Derp.)

My 2018 sales tracking spreadsheet is almost done.  Yay.

Reading?  There was a lot of 'pick up a book, read for while, put it down, find another book' last week.  I did, however, read a book a friend had recommended on FB - Doc (Vampire Hunting Dog #1).  It was pretty awesome.  Loads of fun with a touch of heart.  Good stuffs.  I have three books left to read to reach my goal for the year, so it's all good.

Fishing was the pits. 

Yesterday, I went into the woods and did some trail cleaning.  Then Hubs joined me.  We got Trail 3 cleaned all the way to the bottom.  Trail 2 will be next.  Trail 1 has to be recalculated based on a better idea of property lines before I can tackle that, and tackling that will mean hacking my way thru a stand of spicebushes.  (No worries.  They're weeds.  And they grow fast, so anything I do this year will be repaired this summer.)  Then the auxiliary cross trails will be added.  Umm, I don't really need trails in the woods, but it's awesome exercise and it gets me out of the house.  And then, when they're finished, I can walk them which is also awesome exercise.

I want to do something different for this year's Christmas dinner, so I've been scoping out stuff on the internet.  I researched buying an actual HoneyBaked Ham, but that would just be a variation on my usual theme, so I discarded that.  I think we're going surf and turf.  Steak with shrimp and scallops, though.  Not lobster or crab.  (I did investigate having that stuff flown in and WOOEE that shit's expensive, so no.)  This week, I'll be checking out the fare at our new grocery store - who are known for their meats.  I know the roast I bought there a couple weeks ago was awesome.  We'll see.

Other than that, not much going on at the Sanderson Ranch.  How are things in your little corner of the world?

3 comments:

  1. I'm hiding. I don't want to think too hard about anything. Cute Newfies. Misty chilly here today. Tomorrow is Monday. That pretty much sums it up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've decided to do Mexican for Christmas. Enchiladas, beans, and rice. And a Waldorf salad. I can't figure out why Mom wants it with Mexican food, but it's fine with me.

    Yay for Blink of an I! Give us a teaser one of these days.

    So, so, soooo envious of your forest trails. Sigh.
    But we got an inch of rain -- the few trees I have are thrilled. :-)

    My beta reader got MC back to me yesterday. Only light edits needed - HOORAY! I'm 2/3 the way through, less than 100 pages to go! I plan to get it out in time for the start of Illusion's Child's sale on the ... 28th? I better look that up. Such an airhead. (Note to self: Write a note!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do my traditional standing rib roast for Christmas. Greg loves it and it's a no brainer the way I make it.

    We've been bombarded with sweets from all the neighbors recently. I may never take this weight off now. :)

    ReplyDelete