Thursday, July 20, 2017

Thursday This n That

Got a new 5-star review for Blood Flow.  Yay!

I went out fishing on Tuesday and yesterday - in my favorite spot in the park.  First off, YAY! I got to be in my favorite spot in the park after almost 3 months.  I had to wait for the park to reopen after the flood and then I had to wait for all the campers to depart, but I got to the ledges.  Second, while I was there, on both days, I saw a school of bass swimming about a foot off the ledges.  Slowly making their way south both times.  The first time, they ignored my bait entirely.  The second time, they got to my bait turned around and went back.  In the school is the hugest bass I've ever seen that wasn't on TV.  It was cool and disappointing all at the same time.  I'd really like to catch that big ol' bugger.

Between the clear water and my polarized sunglasses, I can see all the fish.  Big ones, little ones, itty-bitty ones.  It's like my own private visit to an aquarium. 

It's also like a visit to an aviary out there.  So many birds.  I had a kingfisher swoop down toward my bobber right in front of me.  He must've thought it was something he could eat and then realized his mistake at the last minute.  =o)

I really need to cut my fingernails.  They're pretty long right now and it's making typing a bit of a pain in the buns.  So many typos.  Ugh. Back when I cared, I used to paint my nails - they've always been easy to grow and maintain.  Now they're just an easy way to open packages and I guess they'd be handy for self-defense if it ever came to that.  Still, off they go.

I rolled over 25K words last night.  Of course, that was after deleting everything I'd done the night before.  Three steps forward, one step back.  It's the Writer Tango!

That's it for me.  What this n that items do you have to share?

2 comments:

  1. Cha-cha-cha!

    Yay for the 5 *****! BloodFlow totally deserves them. No writing for me today, at least not so far. I need to do a flash fiction challenge so I'll get at least 250 words. LOL

    Yay for fishies! I hope you catch that sucker. He needs to get in your belly! Aaannndddd...on that note, I think I need to back away from the internet. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, thanks! I wish I could convince everyone to feel the same way about Blood Flow.

    I hope you manage to get some writing done. At least the 250. ;o)

    Yep. Get in my belly! Chances are, though, that the reason it's so big is that it's old and it got old by not falling for a worm on a hook.

    ReplyDelete