Friday, January 13, 2023

Thursday This n That

 Dang, I missed Thursday again.  That sucker just flew past with no regard for my blog.  Ah, well.  Better late than never.  I really had intended to do better this year.  Derp.

I read a FB comment this morning where someone was saying how much they enjoyed a particular suspense novel and, at the end, they said 'may contain triggers for some people'.  Ummm... I would reckon that everything contains a trigger for some people.  I would also reckon that if a book contains nothing that would make anyone uncomfortable, it's not a very interesting book.  Jus' sayin'.

I wrote a book about a serial rapist - FERTILE GROUND.  Did I put trigger warnings on it?  Nope.  It's right there in the blurb.  For the record, though, the book contains no actual rape scenes.  I didn't feel the need to be explicit in order to keep the pedal to the metal on the suspense.  And I made the end ultra-satisfying.  Well, I found it satisfying.  :evil grin:

This entire week has been one big slam-fest at work.  I thought I was busy before, but this week made a lie out of that.  I drank a pot of coffee yesterday just to keep up.  Man, I was flyin'.  Woohoo.  Too much more of that and I might actually turn into diffuse ball of charged particles.  So, if I disappear and you just see a glow hovering over SW Missouri, that's me.

Huh, I just noticed it's Friday the 13th.  Make sure you leave milk and cookies out for Jason Voorhies.  Eh, I'm not a suspicious sort, but it fun to joke about.  Of course, if today turns out to suck, I can blame the date. LOL

I actually got to use my writing skills this week.  A big important letter needed to go out and they handed it to me to edit.  I took the general gist of it and rewrote it (after I told the original creator I was going to rewrite it and got his okee-dokee.)  I received much praise for the end result.  Yay.

For the record, everything I say I've done, I've actually done.  Jus' sayin'.  And yeah, I know... many of the things I've done were a couple decades ago.  I must be rusty, but I still have the chops.

Okay, I should probably wrap this up and go about my day, so you can go about yours.  Have a great one!

2 comments:

  1. All the days are just sneaking past, Thursday included! Sorry for the suck-fest at work. Getting slammed is tough but you got this! Yeah for editorial and writer-chops! You got that, too! FYI, LOVED FERTILE GROUND!!!! Like damn and whoah. The suspense was amazing and the finale? Oh yeah. Totally satisfying!!!!

    I wish I could say I was productive this week. I wasn't. I did laundry. I helped LG with some minor stuff. I sort of cooked. I hibernated. Life is.

    Have a great weekend! Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That explains why Missouri has been glowing on the radar!

    Yay for your rewrite success! You got the chops, lady!

    I loved Fertile Ground, too! Seeing the subject, I was almost afraid to read it, but it didn't "trigger" anything in me.

    I think triggers are nonsense, too. Growing up is a trigger. Life is a trigger. I can understand them for people who have been badly hurt, but not for silly cowards like me.

    I didn't notice it's Friday the 13th until the *second* time Mom pointed it out. Space case, here. ;-)

    ReplyDelete