Sunday, January 22, 2023

Sunday Update - Week 3

 Three weeks into 2023 and I already missed a Sunday Update.  Derp.  This is not an auspicious start for the year.  

Okay, anyway, I ate some things on Monday that did not agree with my stomach and spent part of early Tuesday morning praying to the porcelain god.  But I couldn't just not go to work because there was something very important that I had to do first thing, so I went to work.  Did the thing, made the call... and the dude wasn't answering his phone, so I left a voicemail.  Then I waited to see if dude would call back.  I gave up at 11 and went home.  I spent the rest of the day sleeping and reading, so I was all better when Wednesday came.  Yay.  Unfortunately, that little bout of whatever must've side-swiped my awesome immune system because I woke up yesterday with a scratchy throat which developed into a full blown head cold.  Anti-yay. :shrug: I've had worse, but I am a little bummed that I get to spend my two precious days off blowing my nose.

On the upside, sitting around doing nothing leaves lots of time for reading, so I actually finished 3 books last week.

Despite the cold virus, I made parm-encrusted pork chops last night for dinner.  Yum.  No baking otherwise.

In the weight/activity sphere, I cleaned the office bathrooms and then swept the whole office.  Cleaning is activity, damn it.  I sure felt it the next day.  Weight: 162.6 as of like five minutes ago.

I'm still playing in the family trees.  Mom set me a task yesterday morning, so I spent the afternoon tackling that.  Nor sure if I accomplished anything toward what she wanted me to find out, but I think I have the entire twig filled out, and I can ask if I found the person she was looking for the next time I talk to her.  In doing this, I discovered a bit about this one person in my family who was written up in the paper for wife-swapping in rural Michigan in 1939.  She moved in with the neighbor and the neighbor's wife moved in with her husband, they divided up the kids, and then they got divorces and remarried the new spouses.  Weird.  My month of Ancestry is almost up, though, so this will end and I'll go back to my usual pursuits.  I ought to have people pay me to do this for them.  

I did a little online shopping.  I bought soap.  Lever 2000 Aloe & Cucumber.  It's the only soap that keeps me clean without making me want to itch my skin off or douse myself with perfume to cover its scent.  It hasn't arrived yet, but it should be here before my last bar becomes a sliver.  I also bought 2 CDs - both by AJR - a book to round out my free-shipping amount.  (The soap couldn't be included in that, damn them.)  I haven't received those either, but I already downloaded the music to my computer, so YAY.

I think that's it for me today.  Work is work.  Life otherwise is unsurprising and unexciting.  How are things in your little piece of the world?


2 comments:

  1. Ugh on tummy and cold. Wow! You have a colorful family. Yay for soap, new music, and books/reading!

    My week and weekend was pretty slow. On my way to Ace to get birdseed yesterday, I saw my first robin of the year. I hope that's a good sign since we could get snow Tuesday.

    I've actually done quite a bit to move the WIP forward. I completed 6 chapters, realigned some of the scenes, fine-tuned the timeline and we'll see what happens this coming week. I probably won't make my EOM deadline but I'm much closer now.

    Neither of the books I have "opened" have grabbed me and demanded I find out what happens next. That's okay. I need to focus on my own stuff.

    Soccer this afternoon.

    Not much else going on. I have lost 7 pounds since the holidays. Progress. I didn't fix anything special last week either, not that I tend to these days. LG and I eat pretty simply. LOL I did splurge one afternoon and ate a whole bag of Orville Redenbacher Lite Popcorn. The microwave STILL smells like popcorn and makes me crave it. LOLOL

    Have a productive week and get healthy! Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo to the tummy bug and the cold! I hope you feel better soon.

    Having discovered eBay's used books, I've been ordering the books that never show up in my used-book store. If I love them they go on the shelf; if I dislike them (or if they're meh) they go to the bookstore. So far they've all been keepers.

    Have I mentioned that Cleo is a brat? Today she stole a boot-slipper. It's heavy enough she couldn't drag it far, but I'm certain she's punishing me for not giving her more food. Unfortunately she's gained back half a pound, so no more treats. Poor kid.

    Mom says my great-aunt traded husbands with her neighbor, in about that same time period. Maybe that was a thing back then. I *think* she married him, but she was a "it's none of your business" kind of woman. Lady after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete