Saturday, January 14, 2023

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 1/14/23

Heigh ho.  Not a whole lot to talk about this week, but hey, it's another Saturday and I did some reading, so it's all good.

I didn't get any new books.  :sadface:

Books Read: 

3) Kill Shot by Vince Flynn (1/8/23) - Political Thriller - 5 stars.  Not new to me (especially since I read it in 2012) and well-appreciated.  I picked this up from St. Vinny's for $1.
Review (added to my previous review): "I didn't remember reading this, which made it even more awesome. And since I wrote my review, they did a movie with Mitch Rapp. I haven't seen it and I don't want to. I'd rather Mitch live in my imagination. =o)"

No DNFs.

Currently reading... Spinsters in Jeopardy by Ngaio Marsh.  Another thrift store find.  I do enjoy Ngaio Marsh, but this one started a little weird.  I kept at it and it's pretty good stuff.  

What's on your reading list for this week?

1 comment:

  1. I had a decent reading week. I've finished 10 books so far this year, well on my way to my 150 goal and 5 books ahead of schedule. Still in an Ilona Andrew state of mind. I listened to 5 books this week.

    10 - Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2) UF/ParaRom/SciFi - 5 stars. Dina and the Gertrude Hunt Inn are hosting a major peace negotiation between 3 diverse species, in order to settle a war on a distant planet. There are overlap characters from the authors' Edge series, which is kinda fun. This is an intense book and Dina is put to the test.

    9 - Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles #1) UF/ParaRom/SciFi - 4.5 stars. Dina DeMille is an Innkeeper. She "runs" a sentient B&B in Red Deer, TX that is a "sanctuary" for interstellar travelers. There is magic and tech. There is an alpha-strain werewolf warrior bred for war (who is her neighbor and had no clue exactly what he is until meeting her). It took me awhile to get into this series. In fact, I started and stopped this book several times. Then I made myself listen to it. Truly enjoy it now and it's on my auto-buy list.

    8 - Blood Heir (Aurelia Ryder, #1) UF/Dystopian/AltHist/ParaRom - 4 stars. This is the "2nd" spin-off series book, and might as well also be listed at KD #10.5. Julie, adopted daughter of Kate Daniels, is now out on her own and she returns to Atlanta to change the prophecy given her by the Witch Oracle. There's supposed to be more. Not sure there will be. We'll see. Good story but the narrator p!$$ed me off. Ah, well.

    7 - Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10) UF/Dyst/AH/ParaRom - 5 stars. BIG book. Concludes this cycle of the series and opens up avenues for spin-off series. Major battles and happenings. Good closure to this arc.

    6 - Iron and Magic (The Iron Covenant, #1; Kate Daniels, #9.5) UF/Dyst/AH/ParaRom - 5 stars. The hero of this book is absolutely dispicable. He is a nemesis in the KD series. He's also on my list of top Book Boyfriends. Don't ask but he totally redeems himself. The authors are amazing when it comes to this one character's redemption. Important book in the overall series set and MUST BE read before reading MAGIC TRIUMPHS.

    Currently listening to ONE FELL SWEEP, IC #3. Dina and Sean are on a rescue mission. Yippee! Happy reading, all!

    ReplyDelete