Thursday, February 3, 2022

Thursday This n That

We never lost power.  The huge ice they predicted was only a glazing.  Basically, enough to screw up the roads and make it so I'll need either a warm spell or hot water to get my car doors open.  Thankfully, I have no plans to go anywhere.  Snow, on the other hand, is supposed to start tonight and dump white-cold hell on us.  I've heard as low as 3" and as high as 8".  Again, not going anywhere any time soon.  I talked to Mom yesterday morning and she was getting an inch of snow per hour up there.  

Yesterday, I made bread.  Just plain ol' white bread.  There's nothing quite like homemade bread.  Hubs had a piece with jam and butter for dessert.  

The day before, I made no bake cookies with pretzels in them.  I had one for breakfast.  Yeah, I'm such a rebel.

Today, I might try my hand at baking hamburger buns.  Because like a stupnagle, I forgot to buy those when I was stocking up on supplies.  Bought burger... no buns.  Derp.  I also forgot apple juice.  Double Derp.

I also may wimp out on the buns and just put burgers on my fresh-baked bread slices.  Maybe I'll make patty-melts with them.  Crap, now I'm hungry.

Needless to say, I had a boatload of dishes to do last night.  I hate doing dishes.  But I hate dirty dishes in the sink more.  

Man, I went to Wallyworld on Tuesday morning and it was a madhouse all up in there.  Pre-storm people panic-buying.  I went down to stock up on corn at the feedstore because the deer will be eating a lot over the next few days.  Anyway, I only stopped at the big W to top off a few things we were out of, and GAH!  And there was this one woman who insisted on yattering at me in the checkout line.  Except she had a mask on and I couldn't understand half of what she said.  I spent a lot of time smiling and nodding.  I was kinda mesmerized by the way her mask poofed out and sucked in with every breath.  She definitely didn't act like she was getting enough oxygen to her brain.

By the way, they jacked whole corn in the fifty pound bag up by $2.  Which kinda sucks.  Fifty pounds lasts us two days.  Less if we're feeding heavy due to the weather being craptastic.  I wish I could claim those furry buggers on my taxes.  Sixteen dependents would help a bunch.  LOL

Anyway, I'm here and inside for the foreseeable future.  Drop a comment.  If I don't approve it within a reasonable time, we lost power for some reason - like it's wet, heavy snow and it dropped a limb on the lines.  Derp.

Have a great day and stay warm wherever you are.


3 comments:

  1. We got the glazing and then the snow started mid-afternoon yesterday. We have 4-6 inches, probably. And it's witch's bits cold. Roads are awful and several Interstates are shut down because the big rigs can't get up the hills. Yes, we have hills in Oklahoma. Heck, we have the oldest mountain range in the US--the Arbuckles. Jake bounds through the snow and loves it. I have to go out and stomp down a path for Boone because his back legs don't get good traction. Brrrr.

    The good news is, it's a fine powder snow. Excellent for skiing yet easy on the trees and powerlines. 🤞🏼 that's what y'all get.

    Susan Saranwrap needs to eat 💩 and dye. Her hair. Don't get me started on the whoopie cushion.

    When I hit the store, I never know what's going to be there or not. It's not always the same. Cat food (especially big bags and canned), big bags of dog food. Pasta. Bacon. One day, there was no ham in that cooler. Of any kind, except in the sandwich meat section. The next, it was full. Go figure. Anyway...

    We had a haunted toilet this week. I heard this huge WHOOSH from the bathroom. Got up to investigate and stepped into an inch of water covering a great deal of the floor. Have no clue what happened. I got new rugs in the hallway out of the deal, and a warm office as I used the little space heater to dry the carpet just inside the door. That only took a couple of days.

    What else? No writing. A little audio book listening. Lots of frustration with Boone. Bless his heart. And...that's my this for now.

    Stay warm! I vote for patty melts, even though I've made buns for burgers and ribeye steak sandwiches. Also, I'm craving oatmeal with blueberries and decided that oatmeal cookies with blueberries and pecans would be all kinds of awesome. Sadly, I don't have enough of either to meet that craving. However, I'm adding them to grocery list for next week.

    Later, tater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly enough, we did lose power last night. It wasn't a rolling blackout like last year though. Something actually damaged the transformer. Just my luck.

    They got it squared away by 6:30 this morning, so all is good.

    We got snow, which is rare, and more expected tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got maybe 1/4" of "frozen rain" (it looks like snow to me), and it's still tooooo cold for Texas. My house isn't insulated for these temps!

    Fresh bread sounds so heavenly!!!

    I'm cooking brown rice. I love it with just butter and salt, but I ought to cook a veggie, too. Maybe! ;-)

    ReplyDelete