Friday, February 18, 2022

Thursday This n That... A Day Late

Welp, I totally brainfarted out on the fact that yesterday was Thursday.  I blame the office.  Due to the approach of inclement weather, they did payroll a day early which set me up for thinking yesterday was Friday.  Thus, no Thursday post.  (I have no excuses for the lack of a Wednesday post, unless you count not having anything to talk about.)

I don't really have anything to talk about today either.  My life is boring.  However, I shall attempt to amuse you for a while today before sending you off to your regularly scheduled pursuits.

It is, apparently, skunk mating season around the area.  Thus, many many skunks are wandering around in a daze and getting smucked on the roads.  Please avoid hitting them.  They're not bad animals.  They just stink.  

The big snow event of the week never made it this far south.  Yay.  I guess there's some ice out there, but I have nowhere to do and nothing to do, so :shrug:  It'll warm back up by the time I do need to go out.

I shifted my internet radio over to a station based off the band The Offspring.  They are not for the faint of heart, so I'm not really recommending them, but they soothe the savage breast sometimes.  Yesterday, a song by them popped up I'd never heard before and the title made me ROFL... "Slim Pickens Does the Right Thing and Rides the Bomb to Hell".  If you're not familiar, it's referring to a scene from Dr. Strangelove, wherein Slim Pickens does, in fact, ride a nuclear bomb after its dropped.  The song was only so-so.  Sad.  Their song Pretty Fly (For a White Guy) amuses me greatly.

I told Hubs what I was listening to and promised I'd never share any of the songs with him.  Yeah, this is where our age difference comes into play.  He's totally not in a space where The Offspring or any similar band would appeal to him.  And he never will be.  And that's okay.  I share songs from my folk rock station.  He likes what I share.  (I also send them to a friend and sometimes post them to my FB page.)  Here are a few of the songs I've shared recently:

Bees by The Ballroom Thieves (they also do Only Lonely, which I love)
The Night We Met by Lord Huron
Better With You by Kris Allen (which isn't folk rock, really, but it showed up and I like it)
Big Black Car by Gregory Alan Isakov
Down in the Valley by The Head and the Heart

That last band I liked so much, I bought the CD.  It's awesome.  Anyway, when I hear a song I like, I write it in my notebook (a little notebook, not the big one I use for editing), so I can go back later and look it up.  I have scads more I haven't shared yet.  

For the record, I do not know the backgrounds or the philosophies of these bands.  I don't want to, so if you know and they suck, don't ruin it for me.  I've lost so much entertainment, I'm clutching to what I have left.

Got anything on your this n that list today?  Feel free to be boring.  The boring are welcome here.  There's coffee in the back.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh. I like a lot of what Lord Huron does. I'll get around to checking out your other suggestions soon. Not sure when, but soon. LOL

    I'm always boring.

    College softball. Tis the season. My OSU Cowgirls play twice today. Both games televised. Yay.

    Softball and college baseball when it crops up will have to get me my fix until MLB owners and players get their $h!+ together and agree to get back to work. Pitchers and catchers were supposed to report Wednesday. Yeah. Like the Covid, everyone stayed home.

    The sun is shining. The sky is bright blue. It looks warm but it's only 23. I'm ready for warmth, which is coming but then the next storm arrives midweek.

    Women's sports are becoming a travesty. Looking at you Univ. of Penn and NCAA.

    Made beef stew and cornbread last night. Was yummy. Tonight's dinner? ... Well, decision made. We have two buns left that need using before they go bad. Cheeseburgers it is. Maybe I'll get fancy and do fries. Or not. I have chips. LOLOL

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete