Saturday, August 17, 2019

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 8/17/19

Hi there.  Not a lot of books read this week.  But what I read were good ones.

I only downloaded one new ebook this week - another mystery.  And I thought I was pretty caught up on what I'd downloaded from the past month, but I missed a paranormal mystery I got on the 12th.  That'll be next up. 

Books Read:

 76) Magic Harvest (Fairy Trafficking #1) by Mary Karlik (8/16/19) - Paranormal Suspense*# - 5 stars.  New to me and underappreciated.  Snagged this one for 99c from the Bargain Booksy newsletter.
Review: "So good I wanted to cheer at the end! I loved the premise. And the writing. And the characters. And the... Well, suffice it to say, I loved the book. Pretty much everything crucial to this book wraps up at the end, but there's plenty of side threads to carry this series onward. No cliffhangers! Yay!"

75) Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie (8/10/19) - Mystery - 5 stars.  Obviously neither new to me nor underappreciated.  This was another from my score of $6/1 books from back in March.  Only two of the Agatha Christies left from that haul.  Then I'll have a sad.
No Review.

No DNFs this week.

Currently reading...  No clue.  I finished Magic Harvest just before bed last night and I don't know what I'll read next.  There are several paperbacks calling to me.  We'll see.

What did you read this week?  Anything good?  

1 comment:

  1. This was a slow week for me, what with "reading" my own stuff. I did finish off:

    169) The Shadow Warrior (Ars Numina #4), Ann Aguirre. 3 Stars. Not unknown, not underappreciated. I liked it but didn't connect with the characters like I did in previous books. Supposedly, there are 2 more books coming in the series but no release dates yet. We'll see if I remember by the time they come out. Listened for "free" through my Audible Escape subscription.

    170) Quiet Man (Dream Man #4.5). Kristen Ashley. 5 STARS - Not unknown (a fav author and series), definitely not underappreciated. I LOVED this story like damn and whoah. KA is my reading crack and this story, characters, and cameos pushed all my buttons. Own on Kindle and will snatch the audible as soon as it releases.

    171) Bang Switch (KPD SWAT #3). Lani Lynn Vale. 4 stars. Not and not. More of my crack but for an entirely different reaso from KA. This author covers everything in crazysauce and like a train wreck, I just have to stop and watch. This one didn't have all the little "oops" about cops, etc. that normally set me off. All in all, a sweet story. Listened via Hoopla as part of my library system. Yay for free stuff@

    Currently listening to the next book in the KPD SWAT series, Execution Style. Lots of trigger warnings for some folks in this one. We'll see how it turns out. Also still reading Blackstone on KU, but eyes, so it's slow going. 🙁

    ReplyDelete