Saturday, August 24, 2019

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 8/24/19

It hasn't been a really readerly week here.  I only finished one.  I had hoped to finish another yesterday, but yesterday got out of control.  I should finish it today.

I did pick up a few new ebooks - a romance, a SF, and a suspense (one I've been wavering on buying for a while now and finally sucked it up and slapped my money down).  I still have four from before - the oldest downloaded on 7/12.  I'll get to it eventually.  The tally right now is one each paranormal mystery, UF, MG fantasy, mystery, romance, SF, and suspense.

Books Read:

77) Curtains for Romeo by Jessa Archer (8/19/19) - Cozy Mystery *# - 4 stars.  New to me and underappreciated.  Free off the Book Adrenaline newsletter.
Review: "Fun. And a fast read. Hits a lot of the 'cozy mystery' tropes along the way, but ultimately finds a way to differentiate itself from all the others. Definitely worth a read."

No DNFs.

Currently reading...  The Third Option by Vince Flynn.  This is another case of trying to work my way through a collection.  I love Vince.  And it still makes me sad to think that he's gone and won't be writing any more books.  Stupid cancer.  (Don't even talk to me about Mitch Rapp books that are still being published.  Those weren't written by Vince and I won't buy them.) 

What things were you reading this week?

1 comment:

  1. I'm at 175 books on my yearly GR challenge, out of 250, which puts me 14 books ahead. I'm currently reading (sort of) 3. I'll discuss them in a minute. First, those I did read last week:

    172 - Execution Style (KPD SWAT), Lani Lynn Vale. Contemporary sexy romance. 3 stars. Not underappreciated or unknown. Still crazy but listening crack. From Hoopla, so free (library).

    173 - Burn (Dark in You), Suzanne Wright. 3 stars. Not underappreciated or unknown but new-to-me series. Paranormal/UF romance. Demons. In Las Vegas. It was fun and different. Audible Escape so sort of free. I'll listen to the rest so long as I can pick them up "free."

    174 - Charlie Foxtrot (KPD SWAT), Lani Lynn Vale. See #172, only this gets 4 stars.

    175 - Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy #1), Ilona Andrews. Neither unknown nor underappreciated and like my 4th or 5th time to read/listen to it. 5 stars. I 💖 this book and characters with the heat of a thousand suns. The newest book in a spin-off series drops Tuesday. Doing a series re-listen in anticipation.

    Currently reading/listening:
    White Hot (Hidden Legacy #2), Ilona Andrews (See #175)

    The Last Wolf - Maria Vale: This still might end up a DNF. I just haven't connected to the story or the characters, or the narrator. It's on Audible Escape so no real money spent. Well, the subscription fee, but I've listened to more than enough books that I enjoyed (but don't necessarily want to pay full price/spend a credit to own) to pay for this month.

    Blackstone - Richard Falkirk: Still working on this, slowly. Eye strain. 😟 It'd be really cool if it was in audio and my library had a copy. Sadly, neither of those is true.

    And that's my list for this week.

    ReplyDelete