Saturday, June 15, 2019

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 6/15/19

Hello again.

This week finds me at 6 unread ebooks - suspense, humor, historical mystery, fantasy, mystery, and SF suspense.  The oldest download date is 5/15, so I'm not doing too bad.

I picked up a new ebook despite my oath to not buy anymore until I knocked down the list a little, but it was a new release and I really loved the previous story in this series.  I also jumped that story over the ones I already had on my Kindle (in fact, it's #54 below) because, like I said, I really loved the story setting this novel up.

Books read:

54) Possum Creek Massacre by Cedar Sanderson (6/11/19) - Paranormal Suspense* - 5 stars.  Not new to me, but so new a release it could use some lovin' right now.  Paid full price - $3.49.
Review: " Awesome! Fun! Paranormal suspense, just the way I like it. The characters were great. The premise was different and interesting. The plot was gripping. I can't wait for the next book."

53) Too Far Gone by Allison Brennan (6/9/19) - Suspense - 5 stars.  Neither new to me nor underappreciated.  Snagged a copy at the thrift store for 50c.
Review: "Ms. Brennan nails it again."  
I don't write long (or often any) reviews for bestsellers.  If you love Allison, you don't care about my review.  And if you haven't read her yet, starting at Book #14 in this particular series probably isn't going to be helped by reviews.  My suggestion, if you haven't read her yet, is to start with her very first book Speak No Evil and go from there.

DNFs
6/12/19 - Romance - It was on older one I'd picked up at the thrift store for like 50c.  By about five pages in, it was irritating me, so I threw it into the pile to go back to the thrift store.   

Currently reading... I picked up the steampunk - at least I think it's a steampunk... historic paranormal mystery? - this week.  I set it down to read Possum Creek Massacre, but then picked it up again when I finished.  It's pretty good so far. Time will tell.  Not sure what's next after this.  Maybe the humor novel.  Or maybe I'll grab a hardcopy book.  

What were you reading this week? 

1 comment:

  1. I finished my reread of the previous books in the Psy-Changeling series but the newest release in the Mercy Thompson series, STORM CURSED, hit from the library and there's still a long waiting list so I jumped to it. It hasn't been that long since I read the last book so no need for a series reread. It's pretty good so far. Patricia Briggs had me at "miniature zombie goats, the miniature is important because just zombie goats sounds Satanic." *bwhahahaha* I'm almost through it. Good witches, werewolves, fae, very bad witches, and vampires. What's not to enjoy? I'll be jumping into WOLF RAIN, the new release in the P/C series. After that? Not sure what'll fall out of my Kindle/Audible app.

    ReplyDelete