Saturday, April 6, 2019

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 4/6/19

It was an interesting reading week, so let's get right to it.

I only picked up one new ebook this week, and I already read it.  I'm kind of holding off downloading more for the time being - you know, unless something I gotta have hits my radar.  I've still got seven unread ebooks waiting and then there are all those hardcopies.  Plus, I'm back to work again, so that ought to cut into the reading time.

Books Read:

27)  Roots of Misfortune (Herbert and Melancon #2) by Seth Pevey (4/1/19) - Suspense*2 - 5 stars.  Not new to me, and so new it has few reviews, but it is a Book 2.  The author contacted me about this one.  I paid full price - $3.99 - but I so wanted this I was willing to foot the bill.
Review: "This book is an amazing read. Totally lived up to the promise of the first book. With a new thrill all its own. Fun in places and a little disturbing in others, heart-wrenching along the way but ultimately uplifting. I loved Felix and David so much in THE KREWE I was thrilled to learn of a second book in the Herbert and Melancon series. The characters, the premise, the writing... with the backdrop of New Orleans... it's all there and it's all awesome. And now I'm sad that there is no more of this book left to read - because I'd read more if there was more. Don't worry, there's no cliffhanger here - just a desire to remain in the world of these characters, solving crime and fighting the good fight against the bad guys... and against their inner demons."

26) Dig Two Graves (Solomon Gray #1) by Keith Nixon (3/31/19) - Suspense* - 5 stars.  New to me, but not underappreciated.  And for good reason.  Saw this as a freebie in the ENT newsletter.
Review: "Gripping and suspenseful. I love these British novels and this was no disappointment. Loved the characters, an ingtriguing premise, plenty of twists along the way. Good stuff."

DNFs:

4/2/19 - I'd give the genre, but I have no clue - paranormal something or other?  I picked it up because it met my parameters and the beginning of it seemed quirky and fun.  But quirky, when overdone, can really wear on a person.  This was just weird and I couldn't figure out what the hell it was doing or where the hell it was going.  I finally gave up.  Found it as a freebie on Book Gorilla.

Currently reading a MG urban fantasy slash whatever with teens and angels and devils (I'm really bad at figuring out genres sometimes).  It's okay.  It started out with a promise to be way funnier than it is turning out to be.   And I thought I was making good progress on it only to see I was only at 25%, so it's either bigger than I assumed or it's a slow read.  

What awesomeness did you read this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment