Thursday, August 30, 2018

Thursday This n That

We had a yellow-billed cuckoo in our redbud tree this week.  I'd never seen one before, so I got to add a new bird to my life list.  You know, if I actually kept a life list.  If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you're not a birder.  I'm not actually a birder.  I just like to watch birds from the comfort of my own home.  Or wherever I happen to be at.  I'm totally not into driving all over creation to watch birds.  On a side note, if you haven't seen The Big Year, it's totally awesome.

The grain bugs are still here.  They can't be finding much to eat, so I don't expect they'll be around long.  We also are having a resurgence of these little flies.  Look kinda like fruit flies, except they're more interested in Kira's canned food than anything sweet.  Bleh.  Bugs... all part of living in the jungle, I guess.

I'm writing this Thursday night as I wait for the new Homicide Hunter to start.  Why they have to put the damn thing on at 9pm I'll never know.  I almost never stay up past nine, so it starting at my bedtime is really cheesing me off.  Odds are even that I'll fall asleep halfway through.

And then I'll go to bed and lie awake for what feels like freakin' ever.

Hubs sprayed vinegar on the driveway this week.  Is it wrong that we take so much pleasure in watching weeds die?  If yes, you don't even want to know how much I celebrate when he sprays for ticks. 

Somehow or other, we ended up with a mom dog and three pups in the neighborhood.  I haven't seen them yet, but Hubs has.  One of the neighbors seemed like she was going to take them in and do something with them.  Then he saw them running loose again.  If no one handles it soon, I will be scooping them up and taking them to one of the local rescues.  =o\

Yes, I love dogs.  Yes, I would love to have a dog.  No, I will not be getting a dog.  It would be cruel to Kira, for one.  And it would be cruel to the dog, because we do not have the time or the patience for an animal.  Except for Kira.  She's family.

Okay, time for Kenda.  What's on your this n that radar today?




1 comment:

  1. I FINISHED THE REVISION FROM HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And on today's agenda is running the vacuum because we haven't in...awhile. And JGG (Jolly Green Giant) is coming to stay tomorrow. His home day care family is shutting down for a four-day weekend. Not to vacation but to paint several rooms in the new/old house they moved into several months ago. I've got to figure out something to dowith him. All day.

    No cool birds around here of late. Morning glories are finally blooming so even my hummer is scarce.

    I scared the bejeebus out of a juvenile coon the other night. It was bedtime pee o'clock for the boys. As I was moving toward the door to let them out, Cooper let himself out. I flipped on the light and then Boone and I went out. The coon was drinking at the birdbath (which is sort of on the ground) and it skittered up a tree. Cooper had no idea it was even there. Boone heard it and freaked.

    Speaking of freaked-out Boone... He's taken to sleeping in my closet. This is fine but he's so big and he "runs" in his sleep so shoes and boots end up scattered. He also uses them as pillows. I've gone shopping for shoe storage and that's on my agenda for later. Besides, I have a bunch of shooes I never wear so clearing clutter is a bonus!

    That's pretty much it for me. I'm going to live a normal life for the next few days and then I'll turn into a hermit writer again. :)

    ReplyDelete