Saturday, August 18, 2018

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 8/18/18

Well, I don't really have that much to talk about this week.  The majority of my week was spent working on Sleeping Ugly to get it out for publication.  Which was supposed to be today, but probably won't be because I still have a boatload to do and not enough time to do it in. (*See below.)

Anyway, enough about that.  On to the books...  err, book...

55) Prince of Poison by J. Douglas (8/13/18) - Fantasy*# - 4 stars.  New to me and underappreciated.
Review:  "This book was really enthralling and totally gripping, despite a few editing flaws. It has an interesting premise and I was totally into the characters. Then I got to the end. And now I'm torn between getting the next book to find out if what I thought happened really happened and totally not wanting to read the next book because it actually did happen. As it stands now, I'm setting this series aside.

I'm giving this book 5-stars because it was gripping and interesting and stays in my thoughts even now. But I'm also giving it 3 stars because of the end. So, 5 plus 3 divided by 2 equals 4.

As always, your mileage may vary. It's entirely possible all of this gets resolved in subsequent volumes. I'm just not ready to face the next book yet.
"


----------

And that's it.  I started reading Soul Breaker (City of Crows #1) by Clara Coulson, and I got 13% of the way through, but I haven't touched it since Monday.  Once I get my own book uploaded for purchase, I'll be able to finish this one.  The beginning of it was pretty good, so I'm looking forward to finishing it.

What about you?  Read anything good last week?  What are you looking forward to reading this week?

*I did it!  I got Sleeping Ugly up for sale last night.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm almost done with my marathon re-listen of Jennifer Ashley's Shifters Unbound series. I just listened to the whole series in March so I'm not counting it on my GR challenge, though I should because...numbers. LOL I'm waiting for MAGIC TRIUMPHS, coming the 28th. Once I finish Ashley's books, I'll do a quick relisten to the last two or three Kate Daniels books plus IRON & MAGIC, which is a spin-off series in the KD world. MT is the last book in the main series. Ilona Andrews (husband & wife writing team) are moving on to other things. I'll miss Kate and Curran. Ah well.

    Have a great weekend and you'll get SU up soon! And I'll KU read it then buy it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SU went live last night. And yes, it's KU. =o)

      I never knew Ilona Andrews was two people. Cool. Good job on your reading this week! And I wouldn't worry. Your numbers rock.

      Delete