Thursday, November 17, 2016

Thursday This n That

I was so prepared to sit a jury this week that yesterday I was at a total loss for things to do.  I'd already done the grocery shopping.  I had every post this week but this one written and scheduled.  The house was pretty clean.  And I don't write during the day, so there I was.  At a loss. So I wrote this post and then went fishing. 

A shrew's heart beats 1300 times a minute when it's excited or nervous.  Can you imagine?  It's like a furry little hummingbird.  You know, that is venomous and eats meat.

Which reminds me.  There was this hokey old horror movie called "Killer Shrews".  They were man-sized and were either played by guys in bad costumes or dogs in bad costumes.  It starred that guy who played the sheriff on the original Dukes of Hazzard.  Totally horrible old movie that's worth watching for the laugh factor.

It's been freaking hot here for a November in Missouri.  It's totally harshing my fishing, but it's nice not to be freezing my hiney off.  This coming weekend, though, right back down to chilly-cold.  I hate roller coaster weather.  I'm writing this in warm clothes, but I'll probably be in shorts by the end of the day and back bundled up in sweats and fleecies on Friday.  Make up your freakin' mind, Mother Nature.  Sheesh.

Okay, well, that's all I've got for today.  The sun's starting to come up and I need to get moving.

What's on your this n that radar today?


1 comment:

  1. This: A group of crows is called a murder. Did you know a group of parrots is a pandemonium?

    That: I'm enjoying the fact that my utility bills are practically nothing, compared to most years. I like having my windows open. And speaking of animals and warm weather, warmer weather causes more turtles to be born female than male.

    I'll pass on the shrew movie. Thanks. I have too many words to write. I have about 20K to write in the next five or six days so I have time to edit/revise before sending this puppy off to NY.

    May the fish be biting for you...

    ReplyDelete