Sunday, November 20, 2016

Sunday Update - Week 46

Not much happening in the writing sphere lately, as you've probably guessed from previous posts.  Natural Causes is stilling rolling along.  I'm at 43K words now - up about 5300 from last Sunday. 

Not much going on in reading either.  I did read one book last week - JB Lynn's latest installment of the Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman series - The Hitwoman Plays Chaperone (#16).  It was awesome as usual.

Fishing is still slow as you could see from yesterday's Fishing Report.  After listening to a few professional fishing reports, the consensus is that because of the weird warm temps, the fish are still deep - which means no fishies from the shore.  Here's hoping yesterday and today's cold snap will drive them into shallower water.

I added to my lovely bruise collection when I tried to stop myself from doing a faceplant into a pile of loose rocks - you know, after tripping over a loose rock.  Lucky for me a fallen log was right there to catch me, but when my hip slammed into the log, it created a lovely bruise.  Just call me Grace.

I did some woods work yesterday.  I took out a couple small trees (carolina buckthorns) so other small trees could thrive - a red oak and a small tree I thought was a royal paulownia (but after looking for a link to show you what I mean, I'm not sure what it is - it ain't a catalpa.)  I also took down a dead cedar and began sawing up a tree that had broken in half and dropped it's top half on some other nice smaller trees.  

Other than that, I'm not quite sure where my week went.  Another blurry week added on to a blurry year.

What's up in your world?

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Grace. My name is Coordinated. ;) I have a perpetual bruise on my hip where I hit the chair pulled up at the kitchen table. (Caused when I'm navigating around sleeping dog giants.)

    I'm kinda between books too. Which is sad. I want to fall into someone else's world and hide for awhile. It just ain't happenin'. :(

    If you have a catalpa tree, chop it down. Those things are a pain. Could it be a bois d'arc? They're also pains but they are kinda cool looking and the horse apples are interesting.

    I'm forging ahead with NaNo and RDR#6. I'm at almost 33K, with a goal of 48K. I really need to hit about 2500 words a day so I have time to edit/revise before sending to my editor.

    And yes. The week was a blur. I don't foresee this next week being any better because I have baking and family stuffs. Yippee. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Week? What week? Don't tell me another has passed. Please, please don't tell me it's almost Thanksgiving. I so dread the holidays.

    Hello Grace and Coordinated. You can call me Stumbles. I have a couple of new bruises, and I have NO idea where they came from. :-)

    5C is puttering along. If I cut out a couple of planned chapters (which probably don't belong in this book anyway), I'm about 3/4 finished. Yay!

    ReplyDelete