Saturday, October 17, 2009

Weekly Update Belated

I haven't done a weekly update in a while because frankly, I haven't been up to a whole lot that anyone would find terribly interesting. I've been slogging along with my handwritten WIP. Since I'm writing it by hand, stats are harder to come by. I did manage to get a chunk of it typed into Word this week, so that's something anyway.

So, after typing at additional 5700 words since October 9th, I'm up to a whopping total of almost 18000 words. Yay me. Of course, I have another dozen or so pages to type in, and I'm trying to write a couple pages at a time. (Hand cramps make writing too much at once problematic.) Eventually the typed words will catch up with the written words, but I'm not sweating it too much. Unless we have some kind of natural disaster, the hand-written pages are safe.

In other news with this WIP, I had an epiphany while we were out having driving lessons. (I was driving at the time. I can't muse while she's driving yet.) I saw exactly what I needed to do to add a new twist. It will totally mess with the MC's head. I discussed with my new clerk-typist - aka Darling Daugher - and she's on board. Weeeee.

On the life side, Daughter is making progress with her driving lessons. She's hoping to be able to drive on our quarterly trip out of town next month. Since she's only gone over 55 once, I'm thinking no. She's also doing well in her regular classes, which is awesome. Although, her walking around talking to me in Spanish isn't exactly thrilling, since I have no idea what she's saying. Lucky for me, she's a good kid.

That's it for me lately, how are things with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment