Thursday, February 4, 2021

Thursday This n That

In case you're not on FB or MeWe, here's a picture of Penelope O'Possum...

...when she stopped by the yard a couple afternoons ago.  Mom's reaction "she's so clean".  All in all, I don't think opossums are dirty.  Sometimes they just look that way because they don't have access to laundry detergent to make their whites bright.

I'm up to 13% on my edits as of last night.  Slow progress is still progress.

And I vacuumed yesterday.  And I walked.  Pulling myself out of the mire by my bootstraps.  (Okay, so maybe Hubs had to poke me in the metaphorical ass to get me to take a walk... but I did it.)

I'm in the middle of an Alistair MacLean novel right now.  I was reading along, wondering what in the hell he was thinking about when he wrote the MC as a criminal who shoots a cop and runs from the law.  Umm, long about the middle, you learn it's all a set up so the MC can infiltrate the bad guys.  Yay.  I was worried maybe ol' Alistair had gone off the rails, but nope.  

Yesterday, I forgot to defrost anything for dinner, so long about 5, I was trying to figure out what the hell to do.  I made a meatloaf the other day, but we'd both had leftover meatloaf for lunch.  Then it hit me - grilled cheese sandwiches.  Then another thing hit me - put slices of leftover meatloaf in the grilled cheese sandwiches.  Thank goodness for my Foreman Grill.  I just assembled the suckers, slid them onto the grill and closed the lid.  Two-three minutes later, they were done.  And they were awesome.  Mine had Swiss and American cheeses, Hubs' was Cheddar and American.  Yummers.  Not sure why I never thought of doing that before.  

BTW, there's nothing quite so yummy as leftover meatloaf.  Am I right or am I right?

And that's enough of that.  What's up in your this-n-that this week?



2 comments:

  1. Penelope is a cutie!

    I discovered a newish paranormal mystery series by Dixie Lyle. Such fun! The MC can see animal ghosts and her boyfriend turns out to be a supernatural being, but he didn't know until weird stuff starts happening.

    I've got a ton of paperwork to do today. Better get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I opened this in a tab early this morning. Then I got distracted before I got back to it. See, I use Feedly Reader to collect all the blogs I follow and I zip through it in one tab, clicking to open the blogs I want to fully read/comment on. When I get to the bottom, I go to my tabs. Between me and your tab was a Smart Bitches tab asking for recommendations of romances about reincarnation and fated mates. Well, d'uh! My whole Faerie Reign series! But I'd have to bring them up myself, which always feels weird because...self-promo. Anyway, I got up my nerve and went to my site to get the page link. And realized how out of date that page was. So I spruced it up and went looking for buy links and...the entire morning misted away. But I posted and I even got three likes so hey, maybe I'll sell some books. I really should get the rights to that series back one of these days...

    Loki has a new perch. I moved the small cat tree (a circular "cave" with a shelf and scratching post topped by a rectangular shelf, covered in carpet. It's been in the main bath since he arrived as a kitten because that's where we corralled him. Anyway, since he's fascinated with the bird feeder outside the office window, I moved it back. The top shelf is just right for laying and and staring at the feeder. It used to be Deeder's favorite place.

    Not much writing this week. A little but Real Life keeps getting in the way.

    Almost finished with WEB OF THE WITCH WORLD then on to THE YEAR OF THE UNICORN. Then I'll just have to wait to see what other Norton books come out in audio. I'm enjoying the trip down Nostalgia Lane.

    Artic weather coming next week. I need to dig out the old blankets to help insulate the feral cat beds outside. I also need to cover the outside fawcets. I wonder where I put that stuff last spring?

    Not much else going on around here. I'm thinking today might be a good day for a nap...

    Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete