Sunday, December 8, 2019

Sunday Update - Week 49

Only three weeks left to 2019!  Yay!  I am so done with this year.

I've given up on 2019 as far as writing goes.  The whole year was a wash.  Okay, maybe not the whole year.  I think I did some stuff at the beginning of the year.  I'll have to go back and look when I do my yearly wrap-up.  Anyway, I'm planning on spending the rest of this year not worrying about it.  And not talking about it, if I can help it.  Which is why posts at Outside the Box are going to be kind of sparse.  If I'm not there M-W-F, check here for posts.

In marketing news, I might actually pay off that ad I did in November.  As long as people keep reading pages.  Ah, page reads.  If not for you, I'd be sunk.  Of course, with the way Amazon pays, November and December actually count toward the following year.  I really need to adjust my spreadsheet to show that.

This was a pretty good reading week.  Three really good new-to-me books.  Yay.  Then yesterday I hit two DNFs in a row before I fell back on a Louis L'Amour paperback and devoured it.

It was also an awesome baking week.  I made two batches of breads - pumpkin pie and apple cranberry.  And then I made granola bars.  And then I made oatmeal cookies.  Lucky for my ever-widening ass, a large portion of that will be going in the mail as prezzies for the Moms and the Kid.

I probably should stop calling it my ever-widening ass, since I've been holding steady for the past year and before that it was shrinking.  I did a bad job keeping track of activity this week, but I was out in the woods a lot, did some raking, and I did some cleaning inside.

The Christmas tree went up.  Actually, if you missed it, I had to buy a new tree because the other one wouldn't light above the bottom of the tree.  It's up and it's pretty, so it's all good.  I was talking with a friend who said she doesn't bother decorating for Christmas anymore.  That makes me sad.  I mean, we don't exchange gifts anymore, but having the tree up and the house decorated gives us both little spots of happy throughout the day.  I encouraged her to decorate, if only for that reason.  Little spots of happy certainly don't hurt.

Oh, yeah, and when I was working on clearing dead limbs, one jumped up and smacked me in the face.  Stuff happens, but now I have a scab on the bridge of my nose, which is kind of irritating because I keep seeing it out of the corner of my eye.  I'm gonna be cross-eyed before it drops off, I swear.  ;o) 

Other than that, nothing much going on.  We're warm and well-fed, healthy and free.  Everything else is just incidentals.  Stuff happens and we move on.  Keep your head up out there.  :hugs:

What was your week like?


2 comments:

  1. Yay to this year being almost over. I'm tired.

    I hope your Muse returns soon. I miss your work!

    I'm back to puttering at the new dressmaking book, in between family stuff. And packing orders -- besides patterns, I sold a copy of the 1860s book from my website. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm late to the party. I'm ready for a new year. It's GOT to be better than this one! I don't have anything to so for the past...hell, I've lost count of how many months. And it's depressing. Which doesn't help, as you know. So...on to brighter things and little spots of happiness!

    ReplyDelete