Saturday, December 7, 2019

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 12/7/19

Well, hello there!  Here we are again.  It was a better reading week this week than last.  Until Thursday when a dead limb jumped up and smacked me in the face, scratching the bridge of my nose and making wearing glasses a tad uncomfortable.  Reading shouldn't be uncomfortable, doncha know.  :shrug:

The only new thing I picked up this week I've already read - see #107 below.  I still have 4 unread ebooks from November - paranormal mystery, romance, technothriller, and SF - and another I'm currently reading. 

Books Read:

107) All the Snake Handlers I Know Are Dead by Dennis Danvers (12/4/19) - Paranormal Romance*# - 5 stars.  New to me and underappreciated.  Picked this up for 99c on the recommendation of a friend.
Review: "Interesting little story. Definitely different with an unexpected twist. I was a little sad it was so short."

106) Past Due by Richard Stockford (12/2/19) - Mystery*# - 5 stars.  New to me and underappreciated.  Picked this up for free off the Book Adrenaline newsletter.
Review: "Interesting mystery tying past to present, and a string of new bodies for the present detective to investigate. I really enjoyed this one. Good characters and an intriguing premise with a different sort of tale-telling than your typical whodunnit."

105) The Flaw in All Magic by Ben S. Dobson (12/1/19) - Fantasy Mystery* - 5 stars.  New to me but not underappreciated.  Snagged this one from the ENT newsletter for free.
Review: "That was a most excellent book. I loved the whole fantasy/mystery angle. I loved the characters and the plot and the setting. Totally enjoyable read. I'll definitely be looking for more in this series and from this author."

DNFs:
None

Currently reading...  A supernatural thriller I picked up for free.  The start was kind of wordy and not that thrilling.  It got better, thank goodness.  I'd still call it a paranormal suspense rather than a supernatural thriller, though.  We'll see if it holds up.  (Update 7:30a: Nope.  Didn't hold up.  It'll be on next week's DNF list.)

What have you been reading this week?

1 comment:

  1. I'm still in relisten mode, except for my 5 stars on the Snake Handler story. LOVED it. Glad you enjoyed too. I really am in a life rut. Need to work on that. Maybe if I can get out of the reading slump, I'll get out of the other slunps. I upped my GR challenge by 10 books. I hit 250 yesterday (Sunday) and still have what...22 days left in the month? Gonna do two more with the current author and her series and then see what appeals. I may go off the reservation for something totally different. Got a JR Ward close to dropping on my hold list from the library. That'll be a new one. Okay. Stuffs to do. Later tater!

    ReplyDelete