Thursday, October 17, 2019

Thursday This n That

I caught the teeniest little bass the other day.  I would've thought it was a big minnow except for the perfect spotted bass coloring and markings.  So cute.  Run along little baby bass and grow up big so when I catch you again you can come home with me.  Get in my belly!

Speaking of getting in my belly, I've been making different dishes for dinner lately.  I did the baked meatball thing and the steak and redear sunfish night.  This week we've had breaded pork chops with scalloped potatoes and then pizza subs.  Gotta keep it interesting.

Does anybody still make pizza subs anymore?  I remember them being a huge thing in the late eighties and it seems to me that a lot of places had them on the menu.  Now?  Well, I don't eat out so I don't know, but years ago when I was eating out all the time, they weren't really there anymore.  Anyway, I got to thinking about how much I loved them so I made them.  So good.

If you want something that involves someone I care about to be kept a secret, you probably shouldn't include me.  If I think they need to know, I'll tell them.

I stopped yesterday and dropped off a couple books to my best in-person friend.  She told me she reads slow and she didn't know when she'd get them back to me.  So, I let her in on how I work.  (I was surprised this hadn't come up before, actually.)  You see, I don't loan books.  Ever.  If I hand you books, they're yours now.  Years ago, I would loan books out and then they'd either never come back or they'd come back creased or dogeared or whatever, and then I'd get irritated.  Life's too short.  If I give the book to you, I never worry about it again.  And then you don't have to worry about it either.  Yay.  Anyway, she'd never read Vince Flynn, so I gave her my copy of his first book, Term Limits.  And I gave her the book I just finished reading, The Assassin by Stephen Coonts.  Then we talked about other authors.  She'd never read Spillane, so I turned her onto him.  I love talking about books.  I know, duh, right?

Okay, I'd better get cracking on this spreadsheet I have to have done this morning.  Have a great day everyone.

Your turn to dish with the this-n-that's.

2 comments:

  1. I caught the "Bass Cast" on the morning news the other day. It was at like a 3. Too warm. All the fishies would be hiding in the deep. 🐟

    Ooh. That could be a book title: Hiding in the Deep. 📚

    Phrase of the day: Patience--What you have when there are too many witnesses. Why, yes. That IS going in a book someday. 😏

    My Cards were 4 and done. Nuff said. 😒

    I keep stalling out on finishing this trying to think of interesting or clever this-n-thats to include. Yeah...got nuttin' honey. Guess I'll quit while I'm ahead. 😝

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizza subs sound so yummy! (puts gf rolls on the shopping list) (and pizza sauce -- will cholula hot sauce work? Um, nope) (I do have the important stuff: cheese and olives)

    Mom got a new laptop a few days ago, when her old one died. Geek Squad set it up (the first guy was so inept, I knew more than he did!, but the second guy was a dream). But he spent so much time setting it up, he didn't take the time to show her the important stuff. Like where the on and off buttons are. (I'm sure he assumed she'd know that. Nope.) I showed her the on button and told her to play with it, that she couldn't do any damage. Sigh.

    An hour later she called me in a panic: she couldn't figure out how to turn it off. And couldn't describe the screen to me. (I told her to look at the lower left corner, and she described the keyboard. Double sigh.)
    I gave up, put my shoes on, and trotted (okay, hobbled) to her house and showed it to her.

    The next few days promise to be exciting.

    ReplyDelete