Sunday, November 18, 2018

Sunday Update - Week 46

Heh.

I finally got back to work on Ugly and the Beast.  Got that sticky segue done between chapter 2 and chapter 3 (which is now chapter 4).  Then I added some more words onto the end.  Then I realized I'd painted myself into a corner.  I figured out what I'm going to have to do - wash away some of that paint so I can reach a better path.  Not a huge wordcount week, but it's progress.

Set up a new sale and some marketing for next week.  Accidental Death will be on sale starting tomorrow.  Wednesday, I have a BargainBooksy ad going out.   (At least I think I do.  They haven't contacted me to tell me NO and refund my money, so I'm assuming it's a go.)

Talked to my local face-to-face fan.  She thinks I should write a medical suspense.  She loves medical suspenses.  I told her about Unequal, which is kind of medical and a little suspensey, but mostly dystopian.  I'll think about the whole 'write a medical suspense' thing.

I read a bunch.

Hubs has been raking the yard and I haven't been helping.  I felt kind of bad about it.  Then again, it's good exercise for him.  Gets him out of the house and away from the computer, too.  Fresh air and all that.  Yeah, yeah, I need all those things, too, which is why actually helped him yesterday.  We aren't done, but we do have a boat-ton of trees and the leaves that go with them.

We're all set for Thanksgiving this week.  The turkey's in the freezer... have to take that out today.  Got the stuffing, the cranberry sauce, the gravy... I should probably make biscuits, since I didn't buy rolls.  I shopped enough on Friday so I shouldn't have to go to the store until after the weekend after Black Friday.  Go me.

I still haven't mailed postcards, so if you were looking for one, sorry.  Tomorrow.  They'll go out tomorrow.  It's only a day away.

And that's about it for me.  What's up with you?




4 comments:

  1. I'm just now getting around to things on the computer. There was a week the last seven days. That pretty much says it all. I'm gonna do better this week.

    I did the series bible class at OKRWA. People seemed to like it. It was our last meeting at the Museum of Art downtown. The chapter bought lunch for everyone. It was nice.

    You got my reading update yesterday. The book I'm listening to now is okay. Nothing special to write home about. Makes me kinda sad. I liked the character as a secondary in other books. Not sure why his story isn't grabbing me. Neither is his heroine. Oh well. Such is life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured you were up to your armpits in other things. Thanks for taking the time to stop here. And as always, comment whenever. I'm always here somewhere. :hugs:

      Yay! I figured they'd like it.

      Yep, it was a good update. Sorry the book you're on right now isn't as special as you'd have liked. I hate when that happens.

      Delete
  2. Yay for progress on UatB!

    One of the best things about windy Texas: all of my leaves just blow away. :-)

    Still plugging along on the dressmaking book. Still can't face SR. One of these days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      LOL, yeah, we were hoping for a big wind to blow the leaves away, but we didn't get one. They always blow back anyway.

      Hey, plugging along with the dressmaking book is good. You'll get there with the fiction. We all will. :hugs:

      Delete